What does Bale have to do to reach the heights of Ronaldo? Watch

UnknownGuy
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 5 years ago
Score a goal a game? Even if it means being selfish and shooting all the time?
Kenan and Kel
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
Have the team built around him at Real Madrid for a start, which is impossible with Ronaldo there.
mahatma ghandi
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
Bale is most effective in a central role, unfortunately that is taken by Ronaldo so Bale has to play on the wing. Playing in that position Bale will never be able to match Ronaldos statistics. But bear in mind Ronaldo is 30 and Bale only recently turned 24, so his time will eventually come
King Leonidas
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
(Original post by mahatma ghandi)
Bale is most effective in a central role, unfortunately that is taken by Ronaldo so Bale has to play on the wing. Playing in that position Bale will never be able to match Ronaldos statistics. But bear in mind Ronaldo is 30 and Bale only recently turned 24, so his time will eventually come
Hard to believe Ronaldo is 30, he is so physically fit for his age.
niceguy95
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
Players passing to him more often

s'long as ronaldo is there, his numbers won't change

I reckon if Bale becomes a regular 30 goals a season player at Madrid with them consistently winning trophies and him scoring important goals. He'd be a contender for Ballon d'ors.

Bale will never score 40+ in his life
UnknownGuy
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 5 years ago
(Original post by King Leonidas)
Ronaldo has only just turned 29 two months ago!
mahatma ghandi
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
(Original post by King Leonidas)
My mistake he's actually 29. But yeah he's one of the hardest trainers in the football. He's the type of player who could play well into his 30s.
King Leonidas
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
My mistake he's actually 29. But yeah he's one of the hardest trainers in the football. He's the type of player who could play well into his 30s.
Hopefully he gives Bayern a tough time tonight, think he bagged two goals on the weekend in La Liga.

About time the Germans were given a test
River85
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
Please don't make me think I'm older than I actually am!
mahatma ghandi
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
(Original post by River85)
Please don't make me think I'm older than I actually am!
"29"
TheInvincibles14
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
Needs to score 40+ over the next four seasons leading Real to multiple CLs/La Liga success. Basically match what Ronaldo did at United when Ronaldo leaves Real or starts to decline (if that makes sense). It's a pretty difficult task but you never know, Bale still has the capacity to improve. I feel it will be difficult for Ronaldo to accept his spotlight waning as Bale becomes more and more central to Real's plans in the future so this would be a big stumbling block imo.
Badshah
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
He never will.
cleveradam
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
(Original post by UnknownGuy)
Score a goal a game? Even if it means being selfish and shooting all the time?
He will never achieve what Ronaldo has or be as good as him.
Ronaldo and Messi are once in a lifetime players.
Mr Smurf
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
He never will.
Mackay
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
(Original post by Mr Smurf)
He never will.
This.
Riordave1875
Badges: 5
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
Wear shoes with 1 inch heels on them
MASTER265
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
when you got an ego the size of ronaldo's he will not let bale take the glory even though all round bale is a better player
Manchester United
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
(Original post by TheInvincibles14)
Needs to score 40+ over the next four seasons leading Real to multiple CLs/La Liga success. Basically match what Ronaldo did at United when Ronaldo leaves Real or starts to decline (if that makes sense). It's a pretty difficult task but you never know, Bale still has the capacity to improve. I feel it will be difficult for Ronaldo to accept his spotlight waning as Bale becomes more and more central to Real's plans in the future so this would be a big stumbling block imo.
When Ronaldo starts to lose his physical attributes, he will probably ask to play up-front. I think he could easily manage 40+ a season there. He's one goal away from having 50+ goals a season for the last four seasons. I think this season has been his best; scoring 16+ goals in a single CL campaign and his highest season in terms of goals per minute/game. He is also on track to win the European Golden Shoe.

I don't think Bale will ever manage 50+ goals a season, and he may only reach 40+ on one occasion. That said, I can see him winning a Balon D'Or, but not whilst Ronaldo/Messi are at the top of their game.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Who do you think will be the next PM?

Boris Johnson (234)
72%
Jeremy Hunt (91)
28%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed