The Student Room Group

This discussion is now closed.

Check out other Related discussions

How can we stop unattractive men from giving women sexual attention?

My friends and I keep getting harassed by creepy men, which makes us really uncomfortable. What can society do to stop this? :frown:

Scroll to see replies

Poke them in the eye!

Spoiler

According to TSR, wearing hijabs seems to be a good deterrent.

(Not even trying to offend - there is a thread on it.)
we could pass a bill implementing devices into ugly peoples eyes, when they use it on you their location gets sent to the police.
rape alarm
Reply 5
How can we stop unattractive women from feeling entitled? :wink:
So, you're basically stating outright that unattractive=creepy. Amazing gender equality there.

2/10 would not read again.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 7
Original post by The_Dragonborn
According to TSR, wearing hijabs seems to be a good deterrent.

(Not even trying to offend - there is a thread on it.)

There was no point of keeping a long space before saying that last bit. And yes, the main reason why Muslim women wear hijabs is so that they don't show their attractive traits towards men, so they don't have the urge to look at you and get distracted etc.
unattractive doesn't equal creepy, I've seen some pretty attractive creepers in my life
Reply 9
Original post by FriendlyLiberal
My friends and I keep getting harassed by creepy men, which makes us really uncomfortable. What can society do to stop this? :frown:

Didn't you know? Creep is the new sexy...

...and opposites attract, so you must be ugly then.

I think you do enough as it is , i'd argue it's already seen as deviant and strange to approach a woman in our society , regardless men are going to continue to do it and there is nothing you can do about it .

Prostitution might help I suppose.
You've pretty much just said creepy = unattractive. :facepalm: The only thing society would do is try and pull your heads out of your asses for being so stuck up. It'd be quite a mission though. You don't deserve only attractive men approaching you, and you should be flattered anyone is interested in the first place. As long as they're being polite, there isn't any room for discomfort. Looks are obviously something you can't do much about, so insulting people by calling them creepy just confirms how much of a douche you are really.
Not enough information. Could have just been trying to strike up a conversation that you thought was sexual.
So unattractive men aren't allowed to try their luck on the ladies? :redface: That's what you're saying.

Interesting. You seem to base your view of the acceptability of unasked-for sexual advances based on the attractiveness of the guy. That seems pretty superficial, it's either acceptable or it's not.
I think this is being approached from the wrong direction.

Why should not womens' sexual attention be redistributed to ugly men, by legal compulsion if necessary, in the same way we redistribute money to unproductive workers?

One can hardly argue it would constitute rape when everyone seems to agree that taxation is not theft. It's the law, after all!
Original post by Observatory
Why should not womens' sexual attention be redistributed to ugly men, by legal compulsion if necessary, in the same way we redistribute money to unproductive workers?

OMG! Do you not realise what you're proposing? Government sanctioned rape culture!!! :mad:

I hope you're trolling.
Reply 18
Firstly, LOL!

Society is full of creeps and weirdos. There's nothing anyone can do to change that. Just watch yourself out there.
Just pointing out, OP didn't actually mention attractiveness at all, she merely said creepy men. She might just mean that all men who approach her in this way (or harass, in her words) are creepy by default, not because of their looks but because of their actions.

Or maybe not but y'know, just saying.

EDIT: Just reread the title, everyone please ignore me, I'm gonna bow out now...

Latest

Trending

Trending