The Student Room Group

WJEC AS English Literature - Broken Glass (Arthur Miller) help??

Hi!
I've got my AS English Literature exam in two weeks time,with the WJEC exam board and the drama section is on "Broken Glass" by Arthur Miller. I was wondering if anyone has/knows of any good resources to revise from? or even to improve essay technique? or tips for the mark scheme?
Thank you!
Hiya, I did this exam last year. Broken Glass was basically impossible to find resources for online (there could be some now), so its best to break the play down into its main themes. My exam question was on masculinity, which was fairly easy to write about. The other was on predjudice if I remember correctly. I'm guessing the main themes are identity, feminity, masculinity, sex snd relationships. As for exam technique, stick to the AO's methodically, making sure you go through them one by one in each point you make so that you don't end up with a lone paragraph focused on just one of them, as that would make you lose marks on structure. Research contextual points on Jewishness and life for Jews in the era the play is set in so you have some good points for context. Remember to focus on stage directions as well as dialogue as actions are fairly important in showing the character's true feelings. Don't try memorizing loads of quotes, as this will stress you out. Practice writing from the past papers, or if you feel like you can't revise by writing whole essays, plan various essays out for the different themes by making a list of what points you would write about, making sure you cover all the AOs.

I don't remember much about the play in detail, but I hope these basic points will help!
Reply 2
I know! There are still no resources :frown:
Aw thank you, that's a great help!!

Quick Reply

Latest