The Student Room Group

AQA AS Psychology(B) thread!

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
The biological approach hasn't come up for the approaches at all

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 21
Original post by natanbackwards
like ever! I'm putting my money on SLT, it's been a while and most of the others have been repeated

I'll cry is SLT comes up, I don't understand it at all

Posted from TSR Mobile
like ever! I'm putting my money on SLT, it's been a while and most of the others have been repeated

Hm I don't know. Biological hasn't come up before and the last behaviourist was Jan or June 11. I would be so happy if behaviourist comes up!
Original post by silverling
Hm I don't know. Biological hasn't come up before and the last behaviourist was Jan or June 11. I would be so happy if behaviourist comes up!

What would you put in a behaviourist essay, and what would the AO2 points be for that?
Original post by IAmEchelon
The biological approach hasn't come up for the approaches at all

Posted from TSR Mobile

Would we talk about bio psychology to?

yeah, good point, behaviourist was 3 years running though, I think I'm just going to have to prepare for all of them. Which sucks because there is nothing in this world I hate more than the psychodynamic approach to ANYTHING, Little Hans will be on my suicide note
I'll cry is SLT comes up, I don't understand it at all

Posted from TSR Mobile

ahh, SLT is easy, you just write out an operant conditioning essay with vicarious reinforcement added in, use Bobo Doll's as your study and evaluate
Original post by iknowyouknow
What would you put in a behaviourist essay, and what would the AO2 points be for that?

Classical conditioning - Little Albert or Pavlovs dog
Operant conditioning (positive/negative reinforcement) - Skinners box with the rat

That's at LEAST 4 AO1 points, maybe five if you go in detail. Also has 2 AO2 points if you conclude and evaluate the studies ie ethical issues, lack of ecocological validity, problems with representativeness

Then AO2 would be how operant conditioning can be a practical application such as rewarding in schools to reinforce good behaviour. Uses experimental method so is falsifiable
However, is reductionist as ignores mental processes in cognitive approach. Is deterministic as views humans as passive learners without free will with contrast to humanistic

I'm sure there's more but I can't think of anything else right now
Reply 28
ahh, SLT is easy, you just write out an operant conditioning essay with vicarious reinforcement added in, use Bobo Doll's as your study and evaluate

What do you mean operant conditioning? That's behaviourist

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 29
Original post by iknowyouknow
Would we talk about bio psychology to?

You could, like you could use Phineas Gage if you wanted to

It wouldn't be essential that you do though

Posted from TSR Mobile
it is very unlikey for the behaviourist approach to come up as there have been many questions based on that in the past couple of years! but its obviously safe to revise everything :smile:
Reply 31
Anyone started unit 2 revision yet?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Anyone started unit 2 revision yet?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Only a little, I'm worried about it though as I feel I've neglected all my unit twos
is it possible if you could send them to me please? i would appreciate this tremendously!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 34
Only a little, I'm worried about it though as I feel I've neglected all my unit twos

Same here! I've feel like I haven't done enough for anything

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 35
Original post by maariyah97
is it possible if you could send them to me please? i would appreciate this tremendously!

Posted from TSR Mobile

Send you what?

Posted from TSR Mobile
The key assumptions and evaluations of the approaches?
Same here! I've feel like I haven't done enough for anything

Posted from TSR Mobile

Well we have 87 hours to revise which does not including sleep or crying time :-)
Reply 38
Original post by maariyah97
The key assumptions and evaluations of the approaches?

All of them? I'll pm you now

For gender too?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 39
Well we have 87 hours to revise which does not including sleep or crying time :-)

Not enough time! :frown: :frown: :frown:
I really want an A! Research methods let's me down so much, I just make silly stupid mistakes

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending