heyitsabe
Badges: 7
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 7 years ago
Hey eveyoneeee

I'm in year 12 at the moment and after about 4 years of being set on Law with Spanish Law at Uni typically at the last minute I've decided to be undecided. Suddenly i'm looking at options such as Modern history and Spanish (Royal Holloway-but this would probably be my insurance) and others like Politics and Spanish etc etc etc (I've also randomly decided that i'm interested in studying Russian but that's another issue!)

Anyway, I was basically wondring if you know of any History courses (preferably Russell Group) which have a large emphasis on more modern history, which i'm passionate about, with few or no modules on ancient history (which i cant bear!). I'm also particularly interested in Nazi Germany to say the least, so any info from anyone who is studying this type of course or knows about it would be soooooooooooooo appreciated.

Thanks!!!
ageshallnot
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
(Original post by heyitsabe)
Hey eveyoneeee

I'm in year 12 at the moment and after about 4 years of being set on Law with Spanish Law at Uni typically at the last minute I've decided to be undecided. Suddenly i'm looking at options such as Modern history and Spanish (Royal Holloway-but this would probably be my insurance) and others like Politics and Spanish etc etc etc (I've also randomly decided that i'm interested in studying Russian but that's another issue!)

Anyway, I was basically wondring if you know of any History courses (preferably Russell Group) which have a large emphasis on more modern history, which i'm passionate about, with few or no modules on ancient history (which i cant bear!). I'm also particularly interested in Nazi Germany to say the least, so any info from anyone who is studying this type of course or knows about it would be soooooooooooooo appreciated.

Thanks!!!
Many history courses fit these criteria. You really need to sit down and look through each uni's course and module descriptions. In particular, look for Special Subjects (an important part of third year) on Nazi Germany if that is what particularly interests you.
jelly1000
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
(Original post by heyitsabe)
Hey eveyoneeee

Thanks!!!
All history course outlines can be found on the university websites and the list of Russell Group universities can be found here:
http://www.russellgroup.ac.uk/our-universities/

In addition:
Although not Russell Group Sussex is considered as good as and their History course starts in 1500

And UEA does a Modern History degree - again in first year you start with 1500, after that you can choose what periods to study. In second year there is a module called Modern Germany 1914-1990, A World at War (about WW2), In third year there is a a special subject (twice as long as a normal module) called 'The Third Reich' about Nazi Germany. In addition in second year you can take Spanish.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Do you think receiving Teacher Assessed Grades will impact your future?

I'm worried it will negatively impact me getting into university/college (74)
38.14%
I'm worried that I’m not academically prepared for the next stage in my educational journey (19)
9.79%
I'm worried it will impact my future career (12)
6.19%
I'm worried that my grades will be seen as ‘lesser’ because I didn’t take exams (48)
24.74%
I don’t think that receiving these grades will impact my future (25)
12.89%
I think that receiving these grades will affect me in another way (let us know in the discussion!) (16)
8.25%

Watched Threads