The Student Room Group

Picking up an AS?

Right so I study psychology, English combined, religious studies and biology. I'm failing biology horribly, like as in I'm getting U's and I can't see myself getting even an E in the exam, as there's so much to revise and I don't want to impact my other studies ( I'm on target for ABB in my other exams)

So clearly I'm not taking biology on for A2, should I pick up another AS level? Which one would be beneficial? I'm hoping to study psychology at uni, so any help would be wonderful!

Long winded question but I'm basically saying; is your AS important? If so, would should I pick up, with a career in psychology in mind?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 1
Your AS does give you UCAS points, but the full A-Level gives you more
I think it would be better to focus on your current subjects. You`ll be glad when it comes to exam time. I was thinking of picking up an extra AS, Im so glad I didnt as even with my current three subjects, I have 9 exams this year (2 resits) !
Reply 2
Original post by Mav455
Your AS does give you UCAS points, but the full A-Level gives you more
I think it would be better to focus on your current subjects. You`ll be glad when it comes to exam time. I was thinking of picking up an extra AS, Im so glad I didnt as even with my current three subjects, I have 9 exams this year (2 resits) !

So it would be okay if I got like ABBu/AABu/BBBu?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by IAmEchelon
Right so I study psychology, English combined, religious studies and biology. I'm failing biology horribly, like as in I'm getting U's and I can't see myself getting even an E in the exam, as there's so much to revise and I don't want to impact my other studies ( I'm on target for ABB in my other exams)

So clearly I'm not taking biology on for A2, should I pick up another AS level? Which one would be beneficial? I'm hoping to study psychology at uni, so any help would be wonderful!

Long winded question but I'm basically saying; is your AS important? If so, would should I pick up, with a career in psychology in mind?

Posted from TSR Mobile

I dropped chemistry AS level and took up maths AS in my second year. I enjoyed it so I'm staying an extra year to complete the A2 maths as well.

If you have a subject in mind then you could take up an extra AS, but you don't have to, because you already have three other subjects.

Maybe take up a btec or something, so you don't stress yourself out with more exams. Health and Social btec might be helpful for psychology or something like that.

Quick Reply

Latest