?
Report Thread starter 6 years ago
Addeeeeedeelooda
Ggmu!
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
What was the point of this, why are you wasting my time?
Saoirse:3
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 6 years ago
(Original post by Ggmu!)
I was attempting to see if I could edit a poll to make it public after posting it, for another user less experienced here. I then realised not only was this impossible, but I can't delete the thread either! Could you not maybe have picked up a teeeeny hint from the title though that this maybe, just maybe, was gonna be a waste of time?
username878045
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
(Original post by Ggmu!)
I think this is a comment on the detached lives we live on the internet. Constantly bombarded with information from the trivial to the horrifying, we feel incapable of taking it all in. We become desensitised to everything we hear/read/see, and hence however hard something tries to catch our attention, all that is left in our minds is: 'Please Ignore This'.

The simple A or B poll is about how people in our world don't really have any choice. The title hints at the illusion of choice - we are asked to ignore this, as if we ave any say in the matter. And yet when it comes down to it, we have no more choice than arbitrarily choosing 'A' or 'B'. How meaningless the lives we lead; that is the message of the piece.

So thought-provoking. I'd love to hear other's thoughts.
Ggmu!
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
(Original post by PythianLegume)
I think this is a comment on the detached lives we live on the internet. Constantly bombarded with information from the trivial to the horrifying, we feel incapable of taking it all in. We become desensitised to everything we hear/read/see, and hence however hard something tries to catch our attention, all that is left in our minds is: 'Please Ignore This'.

The simple A or B poll is about how people in our world don't really have any choice. The title hints at the illusion of choice - we are asked to ignore this, as if we ave any say in the matter. And yet when it comes down to it, we have no more choice than arbitrarily choosing 'A' or 'B'. How meaningless the lives we lead; that is the message of the piece.

Name:  1376855362830.jpg
Views: 88
Size:  9.1 KB
gr8wizard10
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
(Original post by PythianLegume)

:lol: pretty cool post
King Leonidas
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
I came, I saw, I disappoint.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Do you have the space and resources you need to succeed in home learning?

Yes I have everything I need (325)
56.13%
I don't have everything I need (254)
43.87%

Watched Threads