The Student Room Group

Where to sell old phone?

I've got a new phone and I am looking to sell my old Nokia Lumia 800 as I won't be using it anymore, the guy in the phone shop said its almost mint condition but as I've never sold one before I don't know where to start. I'm not going to lie I want somewhere where I can just sell it quite fast so have been lookig at envirofone and places like that but it only comes to like £25 but I came across CeX and theres one near me, has anyone ever sold anything through them before?
Original post by beccac94
I've got a new phone and I am looking to sell my old Nokia Lumia 800 as I won't be using it anymore, the guy in the phone shop said its almost mint condition but as I've never sold one before I don't know where to start. I'm not going to lie I want somewhere where I can just sell it quite fast so have been lookig at envirofone and places like that but it only comes to like £25 but I came across CeX and theres one near me, has anyone ever sold anything through them before?

Money 4 machines typically offers best money for quick cash solutions. They're very reputable too.
Not to any of these dodgy websites thats for sure. There is a reason why some of them probably go out the way to send you a cheque for your old phones....
Reply 3
Original post by AdampskiB
Money 4 machines typically offers best money for quick cash solutions. They're very reputable too.

oh cool I'll have a look. :smile:
Original post by nathan2k1
Not to any of these dodgy websites thats for sure. There is a reason why some of them probably go out the way to send you a cheque for your old phones....

Well with CeX i was going to go in store and okay I probs won't go to one of the website ones cause if CeX don't give me a good price I can just do it at Asda :smile:
eBay sounds obvious but it could be your best bet- there's one Lumia 800 auction ending soon with the bid currently up to £75 and another approaching the £50 mark. By comparison CEX are offering £54 for a Grade A model, which means mint condition with all packaging and accessories if it's unlocked, and between £51 and £39 for Grade A carrier-locked models. If yours gets into that £70 range you'd probably make a bit more, after fees and postage, than selling it to a company that will inevitably want to make a profit off of your phone. I've sold a few bits to CEX and never had any issues, their prices have always been a little higher than other electronics buy/sell websites when I've used them and haven't wanted to faff around with selling it myself or needed the cash quickly.
Good idea, i think your best bet is the cex, they will proably just do a quick test of it and give you your pennies straight away.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending