The Student Room Group
Students relaxing outside, University of Chester
University of Chester
Chester
Visit website

University Accommodation 2014 - Q&A Thread

Scroll to see replies

Original post by ilivingston
Hi just a quick question, I received my accommodation offer this friday just gone (16th August) it says I have 7 days to accept and pay my deposit, does that mean it will still be available this friday for me to pay for or will I lose it?

Hi

Yes, the offer will still be available for you accept on Friday 22nd :smile:

Thanks,
Sophie
Accommodation Office
Students relaxing outside, University of Chester
University of Chester
Chester
Visit website
Original post by anne3693
What happens if you can't afford your deposit for the student accommodation. As you're relying on your student loan to help?

Hi

If you are having problems paying the deposit, contact the accommodation office asap ([email protected] / 01244 513000) and we can suggest some options that may be available to you.

Many thanks
Sophie
Accommodation Office
Original post by charlottelewis
Hey, I received my accommodation offer on Friday and got on with accepting it and sendig payment but for some reason it still says that the offer is pending? Is this just temporary whilst it's still being confirmed or have I missed something?
Thank you x

Hi Charlotte,

Thanks for your message. If it still says this tomorrow, can you give us a very quick call so we can check everything is how it should be? 01244 513000. Many thanks,Sophie Accommodation Office.
I still haven't heard anything regards accommodation, anyone know how long It will be?
Reading this there are so many of you who have found out... Kinda worried here ><
Original post by SteLad
I still haven't heard anything regards accommodation, anyone know how long It will be?
Reading this there are so many of you who have found out... Kinda worried here ><

Hi

Thanks for your message

Please don't panic - keep checking your email as it can take up to two weeks for us to inform all applicants.

Thanks
Sophie.
Accommodation Office
Original post by University of Chester
Hello, College Close, Warrington is only a stones throw from the Warrington Campus. There's more info online: http://www.chester.ac.uk/node/23826

Don't worry give our Accommodation team a call on 01244 513000 and I'm sure they will be able to help :smile:

I called the accommodation team and I'm still lost. They didn't know that the nurses were starting earlier, nor did they know what to tell me. I need more information ASAP because I'm moving from northern Ireland. Please help.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by amandarachael
I called the accommodation team and I'm still lost. They didn't know that the nurses were starting earlier, nor did they know what to tell me. I need more information ASAP because I'm moving from northern Ireland. Please help.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Hi

The Accommodation Office @ Chester are aware that nurses at studying at riverside are starting earlier - so I'm sorry if you've been given conflicting information over the telephone! Details of move in dates will be sent shortly after offers have been accepted. If you are still awaiting an offer - offers are being sent within a two week period so please keep checking.

If you want to call me on 01244 513000 and ask to speak to Sophie, I will go over any concerns you may have.
Thank,
Sophie
Accommodation Office
Original post by Soph@accomm
Hi

The Accommodation Office @ Chester are aware that nurses at studying at riverside are starting earlier - so I'm sorry if you've been given conflicting information over the telephone! Details of move in dates will be sent shortly after offers have been accepted. If you are still awaiting an offer - offers are being sent within a two week period so please keep checking.

If you want to call me on 01244 513000 and ask to speak to Sophie, I will go over any concerns you may have.
Thank,
Sophie
Accommodation Office

Thanks for your quick reply. I should have mentioned I called the Warrington accommodation office as that's where I'm studying. I have my offer but I'm scared to accept it in case there are any discrepancies. I was told that I will be moving in on the 22nd and given keys from approx. 10am that morning. But they also said to call a few days before to confirm, but I will have to book my flights soon :frown: sorry, I'm just panicking :frown: thanks Sophie.
hello, i have just received my accommodation offer and have a couple of questions regarding it. 1. I applied for self catered and have received a full board offer. Does this mean i have to go full board, or do i still have the option to go self catered ? 2. how does the £250 deposit work, do i need to have the £250 available when i accept the offer?
Hello, do you know the address for Grosvenor House so that I can put it in my "Term Time Address" on Enrollment?
Thankyou :smile:
Reply 70
Hi all,

Other that Abbeygate, Trinity Hall and Waterside Court. Does anyone know of any other private sector accommodation in Chester?

Thanks

David
What are in the rooms in the Grovsenor House accomodation? Do I need things like a toaster and a kettle for the kitchen?
anyone know the address of sumner house? :smile:
Original post by ohliketotally
Hello, do you know the address for Grosvenor House so that I can put it in my "Term Time Address" on Enrollment?
Thankyou :smile:

Grosvenor House
University of Chester
Parkgate Road Campus
Chester
Cheshire
CH1 4BJ

Hope that helps :smile:
Original post by hazelnuthotchoc
anyone know the address of sumner house? :smile:

Sumner House Delamere Street, Chester, Cheshire, CH1 4DS

There are more details including a map online :smile: http://www.chester.ac.uk/node/23803
Original post by University of Chester
Sumner House Delamere Street, Chester, Cheshire, CH1 4DS

There are more details including a map online :smile: http://www.chester.ac.uk/node/23803

ah thank you! :smile: I totally missed that when I looked!
Hi, I received an email earlier today to say that no student halls would be available to me and after looking at the private sector there is only one house available which isn't exactly ideal and seeing as I am coming from the Isle of Man I am seriously beginning to worry about where I am supposed to live for my first year at university Thanks.:s-smilie:
Reply 77
Hi everyone, my name is Kinga. I will be looking for accommodation somehow, I have applied thought clearing and so I don't have anything yet. I am either considering private accommodation though uni, or to rent something if I will find anyone to do it with.
It turns out much cheaper and this is what I am looking for- save money. I don't require great conditions- just something with like four walls around me for descent price.
If there is any one like me please contact me in private message.
Thank you :smile: :smile:
College Close
Fearnhead
Warrington
WA1 2EG

Is this the correct address? I'm currently doing my online enrollment as I have just accepted my accommodation offer :smile:
Thanks!
Reply 79
Can someone tell me the address for Manchester Hall im filling out my enrollment and need the term time Address?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending