This discussion is now closed.

Check out other Related discussions

Do you think Islam should be banned in the UK

Poll

Do you think Islam should be banned in the UK

Do you think Islam should be banned in the UK? What are your views

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Yea and lets go back to the stone age, go back to your cave.
no - religions are only dangerous if they infringe rights, but it's already the law that you can't infringe rights
if you're saying we should ban islam because of its murderousness in the qur'an then you'd have to do the same for judaism and christianity
Being intolerant to the intolerant to show that intolerance is wrong doesn't make much sense.
No it would only create more problems

Posted from TSR Mobile
No. People have a right to religious freedom.
You can't ban a religion, gosh!
Banning a religion is ridiculously totalitarian. Suggest some things Muslims do that you want to ban, and then at least some sensible discussion can be had.

Islam has the potential to be harmful, but then so do hundreds of other things.
Original post by shahbaz
Yea and lets go back to the stone age, go back to your cave.

He proposed banning Islam, not making it the national religion.

Ideally, I would rather have a secular state like in France where religion has to be confined to people's private domains. But realistically that is not going to happen and I have no serious qualms with the Church of England.

So I'm going to go with no. But if there is ever a conflict between the state and Islam (or any religion for that matter), then the state should take precedence.
No, I am not a fan of Islam generally but this kind of "religion controlling attitude" is exactly why most people don't like extremist Islam!
Reply 10
No, you'd be just as totalitarian as the ideology you're opposing. Thankfully, such ideologies have been shown to be tamed under secular states without needing to ban them.
Original post by Sunny_Smiles
no - religions are only dangerous if they infringe rights, but it's already the law that you can't infringe rights
if you're saying we should ban islam because of its murderousness in the qur'an then you'd have to do the same for judaism and christianity

This. Plus you can't really stop people believing what they want to.
Original post by arxtra
No, you'd be just as totalitarian as the ideology you're opposing. Thankfully, such ideologies have been shown to be tamed under secular states without needing to ban them.

This. Limiting freedom is never a good option
If Islam is banned, I want a communist state at the very least.
Original post by The_Dragonborn
This. Plus you can't really stop people believing what they want to.

exactly - not only unenforceable but unfair even if it was enforceable seeing as people's opinions and perspectives don't harm people if they're trapped in the confines of their minds, opposed to being outside and expressed through acts (of which the dangerous acts are already prohibited anyway)
exactly - not only unenforceable but unfair even if it was unenforceable seeing as people's opinions and perspectives don't harm people if they're trapped in the confines of their minds, opposed to being outside and expressed through acts (of which the dangerous acts are already prohibited anyway)

Yeah. It's not Islam that is the problem - it is religious extremists. And you get them in every faith.
Of course not.
Yeah. It's not Islam that is the problem - it is religious extremists. And you get them in every faith.

yeah, there are fundamentalists of christianity and the ultra-othadox/literal varieties of every religion; whether religions are dangerous or even scams (for example I don't agree with germany's approach of calling scientology a cult) they are principally no different to philosophies, political ideologies, etc - if it is a particular brand of philosophy/ideology (e.g. faith-based) then again there are a considerable amount of perfectly peaceful people in the hindu, buddhist, jewish etc faiths as well as islam (and christianity) which have absolutely no religious orders to have people killed, so I don't know how people can ban opinions or "dangerous opinions" in any case
yeah, there are fundamentalists of christianity and the ultra-othadox/literal varieties of every religion; whether religions are dangerous or even scams (for example I don't agree with germany's approach of calling scientology a cult) they are principally no different to philosophies, political ideologies, etc - if it is a particular brand of philosophy/ideology (e.g. faith-based) then again there are a considerable amount of perfectly peaceful people in the hindu, buddhist, jewish etc faiths as well as islam (and christianity) which have absolutely no religious orders to have people killed, so I don't know how people can ban opinions or "dangerous opinions" in any case

PRSOM
PRSOM

and I'm extremely surprised that so many people honestly think islam should be banned - also, how on earth do they think that's even going to do anything positive practically? if you banned islam, the radicals of islam in this country will probably start a holy war against the government :lol: and the islamic moderates would increasingly become radicalised based on a radical measure (from the government) and we'll all go to hell in a handbasket

Latest

Trending

Trending