The Student Room Group

how hard are A levels compared to IGCSEs?

hi guys,
I'm currently studying English Lit, Economics, Geography and Spanish for AS, with my exams starting next week and finishing in about a month.

For IGCSEs I got a mix of As and A*s.
Although I've done a large amount of revision, I'm still concerned about my performance - tons of people talk about getting a C, D or even E or U, whilst just about the same amount talk about how easy it is to get AAAA at AS. Opinions?
There obviously is a difference however not a massive step its just further education with a higher qualification
Hey,

The thing with GCSEs are you can just read through a revision guide, make a few notes and get a decisive A/A* in the exam. A-levels however are much more academically rigorous - one bit of advice - don't underestimate the level of content and ensure you revise everything you learn in class on that same night, so you don't fall behind. Personally, I find a quick nose through the topic we're about to learn in class useful as it means I'm not hostile with all the information come the lesson, making it easier for me to process and apply.

Anyway, hard work, effort and a little more academia is what's needed to do well in A-levels. Get it right from the start as otherwise I'll guarantee you'll regret it indefinitely.

Best of luck!
When you get to A-Levels, you'll be debating whether you even own a brain or not!
A Levels aren't that hard - the gap is exaggerated.

Quick Reply

Latest