22 single female... what's wrong with me ?!?! :(

Watch
Anonymous #1
Report Thread starter 7 years ago
Basically.. I'm not feeling sorry for myself(that much) but i need advice!!!

I have never been in a relationship, never slept with anyone and I feel like im at that age now that other people are shocked by this, and i'm really embarrassed by this
i've been hit on lots of times, and nearly had one night stands but i can't bring myself to do that...

it's just coming to that time, I need to hear from others if they're in the same situation and i would love some helpful advice on what I can do
i also come from a muslim family but not very strict so it makes it a bit harder to have a relationship:confused:
Jack22031994
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
I'm 20 and in the same position apart from the Muslim bit -

Posted from TSR Mobile
jay2013
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
(Original post by Anonymous)

I have never been in a relationship, never slept with anyone and I feel like im at that age now that other people are shocked by this, and i'm really embarrassed by this
i've been hit on lots of times, and nearly had one night stands but i can't bring myself to do that...

it's just coming to that time, I need to hear from others if they're in the same situation and i would love some helpful advice on what I can do
i also come from a muslim family but not very strict so it makes it a bit harder to have a relationship:confused:
After being hit on, what do you do i.e. how do you respond to the guys?

What is it that you want exactly? Do you want a relationship or do you just want to lose your virginity? Or both?
Miel Purple
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
You're either a Muslim or you're not. If you're not, why are you bothering with relationships?
awais-iq
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago

just chill init
Rosie786
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
LOL I swear in islam you cannot have a relationship before marriage. Does not matter if your family is strict or not. It is just not allowed to sleep with someone before marriage?
fluctuationsman
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
post a pic of yourself, it's the only way to really tell...
awais-iq
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
(Original post by Rosie786)
LOL I swear in islam you cannot have a relationship before marriage. Does not matter if your family is strict or not. It is just not allowed to sleep with someone before marriage?
nah your not, but some people are too desperate i guess, desires over faith right here haha
Rosie786
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
(Original post by awais-iq)
nah your not, but some people are too desperate i guess, desires over faith right here haha
I can see that very clearly Lol.
antipathy
Badges: 7
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
Firstly, try not to worry about sex. If you're wanting a relationship, focus on this, and then the sex will come naturally as a part of that, and it'll be a lot less pressured and more intimate than any one night stand.

As for relationships, now that you're presumably out of education, what do you do with your spare time? After people start work, in can get really hard to meet new people of similar age/interests, and I definitely empathise. Your chances of meeting a nice guy and 'clicking' are directly proportional to the number of guys you meet in a casual social setting.

If you're not meeting many eligible guys at work or through friends and activities, then perhaps focus on addressing this. Try and be more of a social creature and you're more likely to bump into someone you like.

Religion will be a barrier for some people, but its good that your parents seem open minded. If you do find someone you like, it would probably be worth reassuring them early on that they're not going to be under too much scrutiny by your family. It may be a worry otherwise for some people, especially if they're not a Muslim themselves.
Jebedee
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
Stop rejecting advances or stop complaining.

Posted from TSR Mobile
suedonim
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
non-Muslim people are unlikely to be shocked because they won't think about it much. Your family may be different but be grateful they aren't trying to arrange a marriage for you.

Do things where you will meet new people, sign up to internet dating if you want or ask your family to arrange a marriage if it really bothers you.
Jaegon Targaryen
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
Why are you suprised your q virgin when you turn down proposals ? Sorry but beggars can't be choosers
Anonymous #2
Report 7 years ago

no matter what age you are or religion , you shouldn't worry about not being in a relationship as they say its easy to find relationships but hard to maintain them. you should not be embarrassed as there are many people single mainly because of their religion,Maybeyour destined to get married and have that relationship as in islam it isforbidden to have a pre-marriage relationship
kharah
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
go with the flow
kharah
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
Im in the same position but I don't really care as I know that there is someone in the world made for me, so go with the flow .EASY!
Anonymous #1
Report Thread starter 7 years ago
(Original post by Miel Purple)
You're either a Muslim or you're not. If you're not, why are you bothering with relationships?
I haven't really made this about religion, i just mentioned it because it pulls me back from getting into a relationship sometimes
BUT my parents are open minded, and like i said are not strict (in comparison to some of the muslim families i have seen). Also there are thousands of muslims in relationships, what world are you living in?! If in secret or in the open, it's happening.. In today's society, there are muslim dating sites etc.. and hardly anyone i know waits for marriage these days, it's personal opinion and it's just life in this century

(Original post by awais-iq)
Also.. it's not desperation, but really every human being whatever faith desires for a relationship/sex in some form and at some point in their life. I have never met a young Muslim that is living in the UK that hasn't agreed with me on this..

(Original post by Rosie786)
yep... but in a modern day situation and with parents/family that does not enforce Islam onto you and let you choose for yourself then there are exceptions. There are lots of religions that don't allow certain things, but many individuals don't abide to these rules ... i don't drink/smoke or harm anyone so i didn't really ask of you to judge me..

But thanks to some of you for some good advice xoxo
Rosie786
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
I haven't really made this about religion, i just mentioned it because it pulls me back from getting into a relationship sometimes
BUT my parents are open minded, and like i said are not strict (in comparison to some of the muslim families i have seen). Also there are thousands of muslims in relationships, what world are you living in?! If in secret or in the open, it's happening.. In today's society, there are muslim dating sites etc.. and hardly anyone i know waits for marriage these days, it's personal opinion and it's just life in this century

Also.. it's not desperation, but really every human being whatever faith desires for a relationship/sex in some form and at some point in their life. I have never met a young Muslim that is living in the UK that hasn't agreed with me on this..

yep... but in a modern day situation and with parents/family that does not enforce Islam onto you and let you choose for yourself then there are exceptions. There are lots of religions that don't allow certain things, but many individuals don't abide to these rules ... i don't drink/smoke or harm anyone so i didn't really ask of you to judge me..

But thanks to some of you for some good advice xoxo
I didn't judge you. Just because you mentioned muslim so i said its not allowed in Islam regardless of people abiding by it or not
Guy Secretan
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
Allah is really dissapointed in you
ForgetMe
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
You are not alone :hugs: I see friends around me getting married or even starting to have children, and when I see myself, I'm at 0 :mmm: But at least I do know that one day will be my day :gah: I might be stupid but I'd rather wait for one rather than make 10 stupid mistakes
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Feeling behind at school/college? What is the best thing your teachers could to help you catch up?

Extra compulsory independent learning activities (eg, homework tasks) (13)
7.39%
Run extra compulsory lessons or workshops (29)
16.48%
Focus on making the normal lesson time with them as high quality as possible (29)
16.48%
Focus on making the normal learning resources as high quality/accessible as possible (24)
13.64%
Provide extra optional activities, lessons and/or workshops (48)
27.27%
Assess students, decide who needs extra support and focus on these students (33)
18.75%

Watched Threads