vincentlh
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 7 years ago
for round 3, anyone got any news after the interview?
it s been some time & I started worrying
Marcusism
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
Hey, when did you have your interview, how did you go? I had mine on the 25th April. I have been tracking the results on QuantNet and as far as I know they are still interviewing people on the 30th (at least 2 people were interviewed on that day). Im starting to panic too I don't know if I had done well in the interview and starting to feel I have completely screwed it up. Let's hope we both can get in, good luck.
vincentlh
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 7 years ago
(Original post by Marcusism)
Hey, when did you have your interview, how did you go? I had mine on the 25th April. I have been tracking the results on QuantNet and as far as I know they are still interviewing people on the 30th (at least 2 people were interviewed on that day). Im starting to panic too I don't know if I had done well in the interview and starting to feel I have completely screwed it up. Let's hope we both can get in, good luck.
I had mine on 22, it s been almost 2 week, and I met a guy done it on 30 and he said there are at least 3 ppl
Shetty19
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
Hey, i just wanted to ask that what was your back ground when you applied for this course?I am studying Bsc Econ and Finance but this course interests me a lot so do you think if i am confident about the entrance test then i will stand a chance at the interview. The only thing that worries me is my background which is not from Mathematics but u know stuff so will proving it through the entrance test be sufficient?
Marcusism
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
Wow, can't believe I'm getting email notification for a post from 5y ago.

Re your question Shetty I was from an amateur quant finance background: I have a bachelor degree of actuarial science and a bachelor degree of finance major in quantitative finance. I think the take home exam served as a pretty sufficient screener of applicants. If you can do the test swiftly, then there is a high chance you could get in.

I got the offer and did the degree in Oxford, Oxford was absolutely an amazing experience to me. Classmates from my year ended up working with Goldman, JP, MS, UBS, Nomura etc..

FYI if you want to continue to be more focused on economics and finance, in 2014 there was a degree called MSc in Financial Economics in Said Business School Oxford, which may also be of your interests. Good luck!
Shetty19
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
That was quite helpful.
I have one more small query, was there any student whose background was similar to mine because i am doing a University of London distance learning program but this course interests me a lot. So in short do you think my degree and the college where i am which is not popular, make them bias towards my application.
Marcusism
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
No we didn't have someone with similar background that year. Most people came with a math or stats background.

However that doesn't mean you don't have a shot of getting in. I suppose the admission office would look at people from various background.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

How would you feel if uni students needed to be double vaccinated to start in Autumn?

I'd feel reassured about my own health (17)
17.71%
I'd feel reassured my learning may be less disrupted by isolations/lockdowns (27)
28.13%
I'd feel less anxious about being around large groups (9)
9.38%
I don't mind if others are vaccinated or not (10)
10.42%
I'm concerned it may disadvantage some students (5)
5.21%
I think it's an unfair expectation (26)
27.08%
Something else (tell us in the thread) (2)
2.08%

Watched Threads