The Student Room Group
The Great Hall at University of Leeds
University of Leeds
Leeds

Leeds university offer and accomodation

Hey guys,

So I have two different questions concerning the university of Leeds

1.So I got an offer, however i'm pretty sure I will not be able to reach the conditions of my offer because of some extenuating circumstances. I have explained to them my circumstances and was wondering what are the chances that they will accept me if I don't reach the conditions of my offer

2. If I do get in the university of leeds, as I am an international student, I heard that the university tends to put the international students together in the same accomodation. I am a bit worried that I won't get along with my flatmates or that there will be a too big of a cultural gap. Also, i'd really like to be with british students, not only international students.
Reply 1
1. This will depends entirely on the school/department you're applying to and your circumstances. I know a few people who got into Leeds with less than their offer grades but there's no definitive answer, sorry.

2. Surely you can request which accommodation you would like just like UK students? I know last year, and probably this year too, a lot of internationals were in Sentinal Towers. Maybe you could contact the Accommodation Office?
The Great Hall at University of Leeds
University of Leeds
Leeds
Reply 2
Original post by amyc123
1. This will depends entirely on the school/department you're applying to and your circumstances. I know a few people who got into Leeds with less than their offer grades but there's no definitive answer, sorry.

2. Surely you can request which accommodation you would like just like UK students? I know last year, and probably this year too, a lot of internationals were in Sentinal Towers. Maybe you could contact the Accommodation Office?

Do you know how Charles Morris halls is like?
Reply 3
Original post by iceman95
Do you know how Charles Morris halls is like?

I know Charles Morris is quite expensive and very close to all the main uni buildings but apart from that, sorry I know nothing about it.
Reply 4
Hi guys,
I got an offer which is Food Science. Any suggestion that which accommodation is nearer to Food Science building? Thanks for the help.
Original post by tianqi
Hi guys,
I got an offer which is Food Science. Any suggestion that which accommodation is nearer to Food Science building? Thanks for the help.

The closest accommodation is Central Village - but it's also the most oversubscribed.

Others that are well within walking distance are The Tannery, Sentinel Towers, Charles Morris, Lyddon, Ellerslie, Henry Price, Montague Burton, Leodis, Devonshire and James Bailie.

Hope that helps!

Amanda
University of Leeds
Reply 6
Original post by University of Leeds
The closest accommodation is Central Village - but it's also the most oversubscribed.

Others that are well within walking distance are The Tannery, Sentinel Towers, Charles Morris, Lyddon, Ellerslie, Henry Price, Montague Burton, Leodis, Devonshire and James Bailie.

Hope that helps!

Amanda
University of Leeds

Thanks amanda!! I am taking masters programme... what about st marks residences? Is it far from the food science building?
(edited 9 years ago)

Quick Reply

Latest