Well done Atlético

Watch
jam277
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 6 years ago
I'll know that this thread will turn into an ad hom argument against me and Chelsea but I'm willing to take that.

Well done to Atlético. Chelsea were well and truly beaten today by a spirited Atlético side and we can look forward to an all Madrid final.

Simeone is a top manager, they press hard, are very comfortable on the ball and can defend when need be.
little_tom
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
on behalf of the 0 Atletico Madrid fans on TSR I say thank you
Endless Blue
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
A younger, better Jose. Comparing the performances, results and potential silverware for each this season with respect to the resources available to each manager is pretty telling.

Perhaps the Special One should start packing his desk away now.
Kenan and Kel
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
Badshah
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
Atletico, my new favourite team outside of England.
Deshi
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
(Original post by Kenan and Kel)
/thread

shawn_o1
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
Madrid-Lisbon trains, planes and coaches will all be fully booked on May 23 and 24
DurhamXI
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
(Original post by Roger1)
Atletico, my new favourite team outside of England.
Hipster alert.
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
:haha:

CDM
Isometrix
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
Jam you just created a meltdown thread for yourself.

I've never seen anything like this. Delete it quick!
jam277
Rep:
?
(Original post by Endless Blue)
A younger, better Jose. Comparing the performances, results and potential silverware for each this season with respect to the resources available to each manager is pretty telling.

Perhaps the Special One should start packing his desk away now.
Fergie had a few bad seasons around 2004 when Arsenal won the title and Chelsea won the title and they didn't win anything substantial then. It happens to every manager. Ancelotti went trophyless at Chelsea and PSG and he's now in the CL final.

It happens to every manager. So while Jose is in a bad moment, he'll show why he's seen as such a top manager.

(Original post by 419)
:haha:

CDM
If CDM means being graceful in defeat and congratulating the team without making any caveats to their performance and their manager, then this is CDM.
jam277
Rep:
?
(Original post by Isometrix)
Jam you just created a meltdown thread for yourself.

I've never seen anything like this. Delete it quick!
If you piss people off when they're in a bad moment, expect to get it back.
(Original post by DurhamXI)
Hipster alert.
Tbf, I've been supporting them before the hipsters came in.

At the start of the season I thought that they'd be anywhere between the quarters and the final. After underestimating Dortmund I actually decided to watch Atlético games.
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
(Original post by jam277)

If CDM means being graceful in defeat and congratulating the team without making any caveats to their performance and their manager, then this is CDM.
But it is though :lol:

It's not you been graceful in defeat it's just you trying to help yourself feel better. You could've just posted on the spanish thread.

Even isometrix sees this.

Either way though, I see great potential for this thread on future dates.
Vae
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago

At the start of the season I thought that they'd be anywhere between the quarters and the final. After underestimating Dortmund I actually decided to watch Atlético games.
You supported them before the CdR final last season? Because that's when the "hipsters" started to "come in".
Mackay
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
Really pleased for them. They outclassed Chelsea, and Barcelona before them, so I think it'll be a hell of a final. What a season they are having! I'd be surprised if Costa leaves.
DurhamXI
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
If you piss people off when they're in a bad moment, expect to get it back.

So you're the hipster before the hipster :lol:
jam277
Rep:
?
(Original post by qua)
The hipsters came in after the CdR final last season.
I've been looking at them since we loaned out Courtois to Atlético in 2011 and I remember getting destroyed in the supercup. So it's not just been since that Copa final. Of course I liked Real since our previous/current manager was there at the time but I liked Atlético. It's not just been since then. I also liked Adrian Lopez and Falcao.

I like a lot of spanish teams tbf. Mainly Sociedad and the madrid clubs.
(Original post by 419)
But it is though :lol:

It's not you been graceful in defeat it's just you trying to help yourself feel better. You could've just posted on the spanish thread.

Even isometrix sees this.

Either way though, I see great potential for this thread on future dates.
If I wanted to be defensive, I'd have posted on that thread and avoid any long discussion on it, where you could have attacked me like this thread would do. For me anyway, I find that my defence mechanisms are based on being avoidant of confrontation posting and real life wise. So this is by no means CDM, considering the type of person I am.

Why would I make a thread that is encouraging people to use personal insults to me unless I wanted to actually congratulate the team for their performance.
jam277
Rep:
?
(Original post by DurhamXI)
So you're the hipster before the hipster :lol:
Probably yes. I like making controversial opinions that aren't the norm.

But I have looked at them for a few years tbf. I didn't see them going so far, but after the way they started this season I thought that they could go far in the CL. I didn't see them winning the league though.

The way I see it from the quarters onwards, the dynamic of the CL means that almost any team can win it, the team matchups are essentially the decider tbh.
Amphiprion
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
They play avery appealing style of football, favourites for me.
jam277
Rep:
?
(Original post by Amphiprion)
They play avery appealing style of football, favourites for me.
I wouldn't say they are favourites in the final.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Current uni students - are you thinking of dropping out of university?

Yes, I'm seriously considering dropping out (185)
14.17%
I'm not sure (59)
4.52%
No, I'm going to stick it out for now (382)
29.25%
I have already dropped out (37)
2.83%
I'm not a current university student (643)
49.23%

Watched Threads