The Student Room Group
Students at University of Brighton, Checkland
University of Brighton
Brighton
Visit website

failing my foundation course in art and design

So basically i started off the year being really confident that things were going to go well. But i never met a deadline and i think i was a bit too cocky and thought i could breeze through it like i did in my graphics a level where i got an A. So i was wondering if anyone has failed their foundation course in art but still managed to get into a okay uni? I really want to retake the course but since im not 18 anymore i would have to pay about 4000 pounds. Which means id have to take another year out again! Please help! and if i go through clearing will they be like no tough luck???? HEELLLLLPPPPP!!!
Original post by lilypad4
So basically i started off the year being really confident that things were going to go well. But i never met a deadline and i think i was a bit too cocky and thought i could breeze through it like i did in my graphics a level where i got an A. So i was wondering if anyone has failed their foundation course in art but still managed to get into a okay uni? I really want to retake the course but since im not 18 anymore i would have to pay about 4000 pounds. Which means id have to take another year out again! Please help! and if i go through clearing will they be like no tough luck???? HEELLLLLPPPPP!!!

Hi lilypad4

First off, don't panic! It will zap your energy and focus for what you need to do next.

Usually tutors on art and design courses will look at your grades, your portfolio, your motivation, experience and interests (which your personal statement and interview help to get across). So it doesn't all boil down to one aspect. That is not to say that is it will be easy and it will depend on what you are applying for and where of course.

At this time of year, lots of students wish they could rip it up and start again (I know I did!) It's also really easy to loose confidence in your work too. I would strongly recommend getting some advice and perspective on your portfolio work and choices from your course leader / tutors asap, if you haven't already. If you have done, make sure that you are making the most of them and their knowledge. If you still need more help, don't be afraid to ask. If your college / school has a careers advisor it would be a good idea to see them too. You probably have more choices than it feels like you do right now.

Good luck and best wishes
Viv
Students at University of Brighton, Checkland
University of Brighton
Brighton
Visit website
Reply 2
Original post by University of Brighton Accommodation
At this time of year, lots of students wish they could rip it up and start again (I know I did!) It's also really easy to loose confidence in your work too. I would strongly recommend getting some advice and perspective on your portfolio work and choices from your course leader / tutors asap, if you haven't already. If you have done, make sure that you are making the most of them and their knowledge. If you still need more help, don't be afraid to ask. If your college / school has a careers advisor it would be a good idea to see them too. You probably have more choices than it feels like you do right now.

Wise words.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ESy-Z8vqMrE

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending