The Student Room Group

BPTC- clearing round 2014

Hi- I've applied for the BPTC this year but sent my applications off in only the clearing round (stupid I know- but I was going to spend a year working before the course so I could save to part fund it.) Anyway, I applied for a scholarship at my Inn and was fortunate enough to be awarded a major scholarship that more than covers the fees of the course, meaning that I don't need to take a year out.

I was shortlisted for an interview with Kaplan but they retracted the offer of interview a couple of days before it was due to take place as they had just filled their last place. I have also been in touch with the head of the course at BPP who assured me that I am on a waiting list but that currently all the places are filled.

I am now incredibly worried that 1) this will be a problem at all the institutions I applied to 2) that I won't get a place on the BPTC and 3) that this will mean that I lose my scholarship.

Has anyone been in this situation before or know of the likelihood that students will decide against the BPTC before September? I really don't know what to do and would appreciate any advice! Deferring the year to keep my scholarship is not a possibility as my Inn only permit it in exceptional circumstances!
Original post by barristertobe91
Hi- I've applied for the BPTC this year but sent my applications off in only the clearing round (stupid I know- but I was going to spend a year working before the course so I could save to part fund it.) Anyway, I applied for a scholarship at my Inn and was fortunate enough to be awarded a major scholarship that more than covers the fees of the course, meaning that I don't need to take a year out.

I was shortlisted for an interview with Kaplan but they retracted the offer of interview a couple of days before it was due to take place as they had just filled their last place. I have also been in touch with the head of the course at BPP who assured me that I am on a waiting list but that currently all the places are filled.

I am now incredibly worried that 1) this will be a problem at all the institutions I applied to 2) that I won't get a place on the BPTC and 3) that this will mean that I lose my scholarship.

Has anyone been in this situation before or know of the likelihood that students will decide against the BPTC before September? I really don't know what to do and would appreciate any advice! Deferring the year to keep my scholarship is not a possibility as my Inn only permit it in exceptional circumstances!

Hi barristertobe91

Saw your post and wondered if you’ve considered studying your BPTC at The University of Law?

Our Bar Professional Training Course will hone the skills you need to succeed as a barrister with the aid of experienced practitioners, small workshop groups and tutors who have all been in practice.

We still have some availability on our full-time and part-time BPTC at our London and Birmingham centres. Find out more about our BPTC.

If you would like to discuss your options, feel free to contact our Admission Team - you can give them a call on 0800 289 997 or e-mail via this link: http://law.custhelp.com/app/ask

Hope this helps!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending