The Student Room Group

The Mirror amongst other people lie about Jeremy Clarkson muttering 'the N word'

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2617363/Jeremy-Clarkson-denies-making-racist-comments.html

This is the video. It turns out it's utter bull****, as usual.

This is the article where the Mirror claims he said 'the N word'.

http://www.mirror.co.uk/news/uk-news/jeremy-clarkson-top-gear-presenter-3480875

It's ridiculous. There's professional lawyers calling for the sacking of this guy for no reason, with no evidence and frankly they're out of touch with this country let alone with nursery rhymes.

We used to say 'catch a tigger by his toe' at school. 'The N word' was used in the past and that could be why Clarkson muttered the second line so that '-igger' is vague heard. Could also be that his muttering might've created an H or M sound but it's just disgusting that smear campaigns can be done like this.
(edited 9 years ago)

Scroll to see replies

Of course it's crap.

For a start, it was a private conversation so it shouldn't matter. It's just the mock outrage brigade trying to find something to distract themselves from their sad lives.

It won't matter, though. The BBC won't sack the main presenter of one of its top TV shows. It would mean a massive hit to the entire network. And Jeremy Clarkson is too rich and too old to care.
If he said it, I am pretty sure he didn't mean it offensively. His sense of humour can be described in one word: toilet
Original post by PricklyPorcupine
If he said it, I am pretty sure he didn't mean it offensively. His sense of humour can be described in one word: toilet

The video is on the Daily Mail article.
I also always used "tigger" c. 1997.

Now, "n" and "t" are the same sound in terms of what happens in your mouth. "n" is just "t" pronounced with the velum left open, i.e. through the nose as well as the mouth. Since that entire section of speech was performed under his breath, the whole lot of it was nasalised, because all muscles in the mouth get less tense including the velum (whose default state is open so we can breathe). So he could very easily be saying either "tigger" or "******" and nobody would be any the wiser. Who were these auditory experts?!
Original post by Snagprophet
The video is on the Daily Mail article.

Can't access that website for some reason.... Maybe my computer senses untrustworthy sites :tongue:
Oh well, he deserves it.
The Mirror like to lie though. Anyone remember the Piers Morgan bull ****? He got sacked as editor of the Mirror for lying and making up hoax stories in the Mirror, most notably and disgracefully this one.

http://www.theguardian.com/media/2004/may/15/mirror.politicsandthemedia

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/uknews/1461904/Mirror-editor-sacked-over-fake-photos-of-torture.html

The Mirror is nothing more than a piece of tabloid crap read by cavemen.
(edited 9 years ago)
Original post by ArtGoblin
Oh well, he deserves it.

Not really. He did not say the n word.
Reply 9
He definitely did not say n*****. Even though he's quite clearly mumbling (perhaps to disguise his intentions) he falls short of actually annunciating the word. He is therefore innocent of any wrongdoing.
Original post by the mezzil
Not really. He did not say the n word.

He's made a career out of saying offensive things about minority groups. He was clearly mumbling the word so that people filled in the gap in their minds so although he didn't actually say it he was trying to cause offence. Someone picked up on it and he got the controversy he craves.
He's made a career out of saying offensive things about minority groups. He was clearly mumbling the word so that people filled in the gap in their minds so although he didn't actually say it he was trying to cause offence. Someone picked up on it and he got the controversy he craves.

I'm pretty sure he made a career out of journalism and motor car shows. And what he say is not offensive, don't be such a prude. If you don't find him funny go and watch SpongeBob, that's a nice politically correct programme for a child like you!

People get offended way to easily.
Oh well, he deserves it.

how does he deserve this? :confused:
I'm pretty sure he made a career out of journalism and motor car shows. And what he say is not offensive, don't be such a prude. If you don't find him funny go and watch SpongeBob, that's a nice politically correct programme for a child like you!

People get offended way to easily.

Saying offensive things isn't funny in itself and that's all he really does. Laughing at something because it's offensive doesn't make you make you mature; it makes you an idiot.
I really really like Jeremy Clarkson, I hope this isn't true. But then again he isn't exactly innocent, not too long ago he called Asians "Slope" and he's had other racist incidents. But I do like Top Gear, if this is true then it would spoil it for me.
(edited 9 years ago)
Saying offensive things isn't funny in itself and that's all he really does. Laughing at something because it's offensive doesn't make you make you mature; it makes you an idiot.

You sound boring.

No he does not say offensive things. He says things that are not politically incorrect, which is funny. Having a sense of humour is not "immature" or "idiotic". Now go back to your Daily Mail crossword.
Original post by Solemn Rain
how does he deserve this? :confused:

I already explained a few posts below. It's not a long thread - you could have read through to see if someone else had already questioned me. But for your benefit I will repeat myself: he courts attention of this sort for money; he used a rhyme that contains a racist word; he knew this would happen and he wanted it to happen.
He's made a career out of saying offensive things about minority groups.

Like when?
You sound boring.

No he does not say offensive things. He says things that are not politically incorrect, which is funny. Having a sense of humour is not "immature" or "idiotic". Now go back to your Daily Mail crossword.

No, my sense of humour is more sophisticated than "lol poor people/black people/women/disabled people" (delete as appropriate).

Quick Reply

Latest