Hosky
Badges: 0
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report Thread starter 7 years ago
Hi all!
been using PHD diet whey to get my weight down for my medical. I was doing alot I fitness, was the fittest, thinnest and healthiest iv been. I got down from 92kg to 74.8kg. But after I passed prtc I let it slip. I stopped using the diet whey thinking it may affect a random/compulsory drug test.... And put alot of weight on... Back upto 81kg. Now will going back on the phd diet whey affect a drug test?
Thanks all
lee
KawaKawa
Badges: 4
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report 7 years ago
Is there not a list or guideline for these tests you can look at? I wouldn't suspect that a whey supplement to be a banned substance.

I'd double check by asking someone more knowledgeable on the subject, though if I'm thinking what you're taking is a low carb/fat whey protein supplement I wouldn't see why it would be banned.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Double Agent
Badges: 18
Rep:
Report 7 years ago
Whey is just milk powder, you are allowed whey in the military.
DJ22
Badges: 2
Rep:
Report 7 years ago
(Original post by Hosky)
Hi all!
been using PHD diet whey to get my weight down for my medical. I was doing alot I fitness, was the fittest, thinnest and healthiest iv been. I got down from 92kg to 74.8kg. But after I passed prtc I let it slip. I stopped using the diet whey thinking it may affect a random/compulsory drug test.... And put alot of weight on... Back upto 81kg. Now will going back on the phd diet whey affect a drug test?
Thanks all
lee
Hi Hosky, PHD diet whey will have no affect on a drug test, there are no banned substances in it and certainly wouldn't affect any military testing.
AlphaTango
Rep:
Report 7 years ago
Hi Hosky
The RAF use the informed-sport.com labs to give personnel an easy source of information on what supplements they can safely take. If you go on the website you can see a list which supplements have been independently tested and when sold they will have the informed sport logo on them.

Ensure you keep note of what you take as during drug testing you will be asked to write these down (not just sports supplements, but pain relief, multi vitamins etc).

The CDT team came to Halton twice while I was there.

Don't worry though the majority of mainstream products are fine it's some of the US pre workout boosters etc that have caught people out when training in the same gym as US personnel in Bastion!
Hosky
Rep:
So phd is a go then?
It's not listed on that website though.
But I will find a diet why that is in that site!
Thanks all for the replys!!!
RaptorJebus
Rep:
Report 7 years ago
I think you're overthinking the issue - something you can buy in Tesco that's marketted as a meal replacement is highly unlikely to contain anything that'd flag up on a drugs test. As was mentioned up thread, the danger in some fitness supplements that can be purchased elsewhere (in the US) is that they contain similar compounds to stimulant drugs.

I'd say good job on the weight loss and realistically if it bothers you so much then just get back to doing what you were doing before to pass PRTC fitness wise and take a look at your diet? You've gained just under a stone (you don't say in what time frame) a proportion of this will be water and glycogen so just tidy up your eating habits (you know how you've slipped so cut out the glaringly obvious things like beer and pizza if that's your thing) and get a sweat on with your exercise 4-5x a week and by the end of the month you'll have got rid of most the gain.
Dr Alcoholic
Badges: 14
Rep:
Report 7 years ago
Whey protein is made from the by-products of cheese. It's essentially processed food, you're not going to get into trouble for taking processed food.
AlphaTango
Rep:
Report 7 years ago
https://eqnutrition.com/shop/diet-we...t-protein-1kg/

Try this one? Is on the approved list, there are a couple of others too similar ingredients/price to PHD.

You could take PHD diet whey and probably not get picked up on a drug test as the ingredients are pretty standard but I personally only take supplements that are on informed-sport to save the risk. Its not any more expensive and is the same product so why not get one that's approved.
Hosky
Rep:
I am over thinking it but don't wanna have my RAF career over before its even started.

So if its in the informed sport site, it's good to take?
Lee
JoshC14
Badges: 3
Rep:
Report 7 years ago
PHD of any variety is fine, I used to take it and have had countless CDTs in my career
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

How would you describe the quality of the digital skills you're taught at school?

Excellent (18)
8.29%
Okay (64)
29.49%
A bit lacking (81)
37.33%
Not good at all (54)
24.88%

Watched Threads