Irish Student doing PGCE Secondary Swansea Met

Watch
andybarr
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 6 years ago
Are there any Irish students starting studying in Swansea Met September 2014? Also can anyone help with accommodation? I have no idea which Halls to look at? :/
chrisj478
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
have you looked at the St David's accommodation? it's the nicest out of the lot but is a little pricey.
http://freshstudentliving.co.uk/loca...avids-swansea/ information on the website (:, if not there's townhill which you'll most likely be staying at which is your basic accommodation so don't be expecting much :L
andybarr
Rep:
?
What's townhill accommodation like do you know? That's where I'll be studying so it would be really handy to stay there!
Reenon
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
Ive got a conditional offer for Swansea for Sept (waiting for BA dissertation mark!) but will be commuting from Cardiff each day! Which PGCE are you doing? I'm doing Lower Primary x
andybarr
Rep:
?
I'm doing the Secondary PGCE in French! I applied for campus accommodation, so here's hoping!
AYoung1987
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
Heading over from Northern Ireland to Townhill Campus. PGCE History. Got a places in post grad accomodation in Townhill Campus.
andybarr
Rep:
?
I got offered a place in town hill campus too! But I was talking to a tutor and she said it might not be the best option as there could be a lot of travelling when we go on placement, so I'm stuck between campus and renting a room?
AYoung1987
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
I think where ever we stay, theres a chance you might have to travel for placement. I picked campus accomodation purely because I dont know Swansea. At least on campus, will have library etc so it'll help settling in.
University of Wales Trinity Saint David
Badges: 4
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
Hi,

Why not check out the University 2014 Facebook entry page, you can talk to other students coming to the University.

Click here

Thanks
EnglishGrad93
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
Its a year later and I am in the same boat. A NI student moving over to Swansea! What worked out? What was the best accomodation?

Thanks!
AYoung1987
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
Alright mate! Personally for me, I stayed on campus and found it good. It was only about 5 mins in a taxi away from town. Are you coming over for an undergraduate degree or PGCE?
EnglishGrad93
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
(Original post by AYoung1987)
Alright mate! Personally for me, I stayed on campus and found it good. It was only about 5 mins in a taxi away from town. Are you coming over for an undergraduate degree or PGCE?
Thanks for the reply! Im doing a Secondary English PGCE. I was thinking of applying for uni accom but worried Id be living with 18s while on the PGCE. But it might be more handy than looking for a flat? Did they place you near where you lived then?

Thanks!
AYoung1987
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
No worries. You can request a place in the special PGCE flats, that what I did because I didn't want to be stuck with freshers either!! Both my placements were within 20 mins of the uni. I brought my car over though so that helped.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Are you travelling in the Uni student travel window (3-9 Dec) to go home for Christmas?

Yes (135)
28.6%
No - I have already returned home (63)
13.35%
No - I plan on travelling outside these dates (93)
19.7%
No - I'm staying at my term time address over Christmas (45)
9.53%
No - I live at home during term anyway (136)
28.81%

Watched Threads