The Student Room Group

Do you tell your parents everything?

What can you and can't you not discuss with them? Are there any major secrets about you that your parents don't know?

Scroll to see replies

No, I tell them enough to stop them prying into the things I don't want them to know.
I tell my mum most things except in relation to my private life. A while ago she made a remark along the lines of I better not go on the pill. Not sure of her reasons but I did it anyway and I'm pretty sure she knew. And now I just got the implant and I've been wearing long sleeves so she won't see lol. But apart from that not really.
Original post by brightcitylights
What can you and can't you not discuss with them? Are there any major secrets about you that your parents don't know?
Reply 3
No.
Reply 5
I tell my parents about as much as i'd tell a work colleague. I very rarely see them and have no reason to share much with them tbh.
Reply 6
They do know quite a lot now... but not because I told them.
Nope. My parents just about know my name.. My dad doesn't even know the year I was born :K:
Course not.
Reply 9
I tell them next to nothing. Nice to see I'm not the only one.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Thanks guys this makes me feel a bit better about the things I don't tell my parents.
I tell my mum quite a lot. I even tell her a lot about TSR :giggle: I used to inform her every time I got a new usertitle or a gem :colondollar:

But secrets, nooo way. I don't tell her much really private stuff. Whenever I have in the past, I've always felt really vulnerable and annoyed with myself afterwards ... so I don't like to do that anymore.
I tell my parents nothing. I don't discuss exam results with them, because they would be disappointed no matter how well I do; I never told them about either of my previous boyfriends because they wouldn't approve; I don't talk to them about my social life because they won't like it. So yeah, we basically talk about nothing, apart from making boring small talk.
Reply 13
I have no secrets anyway so yeah I tell them whatever's on my mind.
Original post by alea iacta est
I tell my mum quite a lot. I even tell her a lot about TSR :giggle: I used to inform her every time I got a new usertitle or a gem :colondollar:

But secrets, nooo way. I don't tell her much really private stuff. Whenever I have in the past, I've always felt really vulnerable and annoyed with myself afterwards ... so I don't like to do that anymore.

Wow this is exactly how I feel when I tell her personal things
Lolno.
Reply 16
Original post by Reue
I tell my parents about as much as i'd tell a work colleague. I very rarely see them and have no reason to share much with them tbh.

Pretty much this. Although there are work colleagues I've actually told more to :lol:
Reply 17
:teehee: This is a joke, right?
pretty up to my parents..

im more the honest blunt type

but even then I dont tell them some stuff

they probably know most of it anyways

theyre clever creatures

especially my dad.hes the only one who knows me down to a tee.
Reply 19
Most, but not all and not everything to both of them. For example, my dad knows I've done drugs (just weed) but doesn't know that I've had sex and my mum knows the opposite (sex, no drugs).

Quick Reply

Latest