The Student Room Group

Can someone help me choose?

I need help to choose between the following schools for my Masters in Public Health: University of Sunderland, University of West of England, University of Northumbria, University of Northampton and Teesside University. I need to choose 2 out of the 5 schools I listed. Am considering cost and at the same time quality of education. Thanks
Original post by iTwstify
I need help to choose between the following schools for my Masters in Public Health: University of Sunderland, University of West of England, University of Northumbria, University of Northampton and Teesside University. I need to choose 2 out of the 5 schools I listed. Am considering cost and at the same time quality of education. Thanks

Hello Twstify

I only know about University of Salford just because I am a student there myself for a long time now through undergraduate studies to post graduate. And I can certainly assure you that we have good team of researchers that are well qualified and dedicated lecturers specialized in proving good teaching and support students need.

So you are welcome to check this website www.salford.ac.uk/clearing and or call us at 0161 295 0080 . Best of luck and let us know how everything went for you.
Reply 2
Original post by iTwstify
It depends what you are wanting to do the MPH for. If you are intending to work abroad, then you should look for a course with a strong international component to it.

You also need to consider the course content and what interests you. In terms of their profile, all those unis would be much the same in the public health world.

If you are thinking that getting an MPH will help in getting a job in England, you need to be aware that relevant work experience is as important, if not more so, than the academic qualification. There have been many examples of people who have completed the MPH and then not been able to get the kind of job they were hoping for, for that reason. If you already have gained some good work experience in a public health department, then the MPH will be a useful addition to your CV.
Hi Minerva,

I have an undergrad in dentistry, and have been offered a palce to study MSc Public health at LSHTM and MSc Global public health and policy at Queen marys. I want to keep my options open, either specilising in dental/ public health or even career progression into something more health related. Please given me your opinion on both unis.
Reply 4
Original post by D.keenstudent
Hi Minerva,

I have an undergrad in dentistry, and have been offered a palce to study MSc Public health at LSHTM and MSc Global public health and policy at Queen marys. I want to keep my options open, either specilising in dental/ public health or even career progression into something more health related. Please given me your opinion on both unis.
Both are highly respected. It depends what you want out of the course. Bear in mind that if you want to do dental public health you will need to complete specialty training in order to progress to consultant level. Either of those master's degrees would be relevant to an application for a training scheme.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending