The Student Room Group

Should I use a Laptop to type exams or hand write?

I have the option to type my AS exams. I do mostly essay subjects, English Lit. History, Theology and Psychology. Would I be more likely to do better if I typed my exams? I'm a fast typer etc

I'm worried that I will do worse If I type for some reason, how do examiners judge those who type? And do you think its easier and overall better?
(edited 9 years ago)
Type
Type, duh! I would do almost anything to get a laptop for exams!
Type if that's what you would be more comfortable in doing
Reply 4
does anyone have experience with this, because I've never used a laptop in an examination before, I'm not exactly sure what to expect..
Reply 5
Just go to the staff who deal with the exam and say that you have had concerns regarding your legibility of writing.

Usually they make you write stuff, of which you can purposefully write like your on a rollercoaster and boom.

Regarding the 'experience', all you get is an old laptop with microsoft word and all the spell check stuff turned off.
Reply 6
I use a laptop because of RSI in the hand I write with and all I had to do was talk to my tutor about it and she sorted it all... I just had to get proof (letter from the doctor) that that was correct. If it's medical, you'll need proof, but it's alright. Also because of using a laptop you'll be in a different room, exams at college when you're typing are super chill 'cause you're not in a massive exam hall... much less stressful! Go for it
Original post by Acidy
does anyone have experience with this, because I've never used a laptop in an examination before, I'm not exactly sure what to expect..

I have had laptop in exam. It all right you have the same time as every one ells. Also if tou are a loud type on many get bad look from other. So you many end up im a different rooom

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Acidy

From what I remember of a friend who has this (I have special circumstances for exams so I see this) you would be put into a separate room. In addition, you would also have a laptop with no internet and I *think* you have a special typing editor so you can't have things such as spell check etc. Although this last point I would check :smile:
Reply 9
Thanks everyone :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest