What are the first thoughts you can remember? Watch

Gondur
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 5 years ago
I can remember quite far back into my childhood and one of the first thoughts I can recall is me sitting on a couch listening to my dad play a song to me on his guitar.

Do you think it's possible for people to remember their mother's giving birth to them? Why does self awareness come about at such a late age. You know, at what age does a child look into a mirror and realize that the reflection is of itself.

I think that moment defines what it is to be human.

What do you think?
sixsixsix
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
i can remember sat on the sofa watching countdown with my parents.
i can also remember eating soap and throwing up but i'm not sure if that was real or a dream
KeepYourChinUp
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
The earliest memory I can remember now has to be a time when I went to playschool so probably about 4 or 5 years old. I got told off for taking a toy car from another child and was sent to sit on the naughty chair. I picked my nose I wiped it on the chair next to me and about 5 minutes later another child got told off and got sent to the chair next to me. He sat on my booger

This honestly has to be the earliest memory I can actually remember without lying to myself. There are partial memories but I don't know if they're actually true memories of things I just think happened.

P.S I never got caught for the booger
viriol
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
Did anyone else get the feeling that the OP is trying to advocate the murder of newborns? :P

Also, my earliest memory is of looking out of a window. (Sorry, not that exciting, I know)
The pencil one
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
I was a late boomer as a child, I was still sucking my mums tits at the age of 4...disturbing but it's true lol

Also remember Santa Claus giving me a present, it was crap and chucked it away lol
beccac94
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
My earliest memory is me sitting on the bench in my back garden which was next to the back door, with my old lab on the floor and the old lady next door to me walked past where I was sitting into her house( The wall was only small so I could see her) I remember she was wearing a long dark green coat. I told my mum and she said I must have been around 2 because when I was around 3 she went to an old people home.
flyyoufools
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
(Original post by Gondur)
I can remember quite far back into my childhood and one of the first thoughts I can recall is me sitting on a couch listening to my dad play a song to me on his guitar.

Do you think it's possible for people to remember their mother's giving birth to them? Why does self awareness come about at such a late age. You know, at what age does a child look into a mirror and realize that the reflection is of itself.

I think that moment defines what it is to be human.

What do you think?

^That might explain a little for you.

My first memory is of sitting on my grandfather's lap on my birthday (2 or 3) and eating caterpillar cake. He died when I was 3 but it's a dodgy memory where I'm not completely sure it's real because I used to have a photo from that birthday so I possibly fabricated it from that. I definitely have memories from under 5 though because I moved house at 5 and I clearly remember a lot from living at the old house, I just don't know how much. As for the youngest definite memory, it's probably getting up at night to flip my Babar cassette tape over because I used to listen to that and Dr Dolittle every single night

As for self-awareness defining what it is to be human? Eh, I'm not sure.
Saro2TheKnee
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
I vaguely remember my christening at age 3. I also clearly remember building a snowman at age 3 with my mum. My brother, aged 1, was inside with my dad, at the patio door, crying because he wanted to be outside with us. I don't think I remember anything before the age of 3 but I don't think many people can.
Aisa
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
When I was two, my family had to move out of our flat (it was rented and the guy who owned it wanted it back) but we had nowhere to go and lived with various friends and relatives for a while. My mum's friend was a nanny to a family who lived in a big house with a little pond in the back garden. They went on holiday for a few weeks and we lived there while they were away. I can remember being in the garden by the little pond with all the people, and I remember standing by the pond in the garden with my mum as my dad sorted everything out inside. We have no photos of the house or garden, and I only asked my mum about it recently, so I think it's a real memory. From my description of the garden, she said it was that house. That would make my earliest memory when I was two or possibly when I'd just turned three.
podrodow1
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
It's sad but my earliest memory was the 9/11 bombings when I was 4 years old...distinctly remember standing next to my mum who was doing the ironing and watching the news about it
iJess
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
I remember being at the beach when I was 3 years old with my dad with my little sister just newly born in a pram.
MidnightDream
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
Ghana holiday, we were in the car and my brother was sitting on my mothers all and I remember thinking I wanted to sit on her lap instead :unimpressed:
cupcakes87
Badges: 18
Report 4 years ago
i remember when my ickle brother was born! :love:
ChaoticButterfly
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
I can remember being carried in one of those backpack things for small children by wither my mum or dad. I think I was around 2 or 3 maybe.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

How did your AQA A-level Business Paper 1 go?

Loved the paper - Feeling positive (219)
22.91%
The paper was reasonable (428)
44.77%
Not feeling great about that exam... (174)
18.2%
It was TERRIBLE (135)
14.12%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise