Turn on thread page Beta

Getting rid of spots in a short space of time watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    I have an audition on Sunday and obviously I don't want to walk in with spots. I have quite a few on my forehead (Which can easily be covered by my fringe) and a couple on my right cheek. I shower every morning and use Acniben cleansing gel once a day.

Any tips?

ReputationRep:
    Sudocrem always worked for my spots, you could try that? Or else use some toothpaste to calm the redness.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by alea iacta est)
    Sudocrem always worked for my spots, you could try that? Or else use some toothpaste to calm the redness.
    How long should I ideally leave the toothpaste on before washing it off?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by CharlieTT)
    How long should I ideally leave the toothpaste on before washing it off?
    Overnight

ReputationRep:
    Old trick my older sister came across. Slice an onion in half, use one half to rub it on your face (on the spots), leave it for an hour or two, wash your face with non-perfumed soap and use E45 to mosturise. I know its for people with dry skin, but my mother has regular skin and she has used it and followed the same process when she's had a limited amount of time to get rid of spots and it works.

In the long-term you could use E45 on your face alone, since its a bit pricey. I have eczema and it works wonders for me, as well as others that don't have dry skin conditions.

Don't knock the onion thing though, I know it would smell bad, but it works!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by alis-volatpropriis)
    Old trick my older sister came across. Slice an onion in half, use one half to rub it on your face (on the spots), leave it for an hour or two, wash your face with non-perfumed soap and use E45 to mosturise. I know its for people with dry skin, but my mother has regular skin and she has used it and followed the same process when she's had a limited amount of time to get rid of spots and it works.

In the long-term you could use E45 on your face alone, since its a bit pricey. I have eczema and it works wonders for me, as well as others that don't have dry skin conditions.

Does it matter if I only have red onions?

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Does it matter if I only have red onions?

Posted from TSR Mobile
    White onions are said to be more effective, but red onions can also be used. You will need to rub the onion on the area twice daily.

ReputationRep:

Note to self, in future if doing a crying scene, onions are awesome.

ReputationRep:
    Note to self, in future if doing a crying scene, onions are awesome.
    Lol, I'm not affected by onions. They usually just spray water into the actors eyes right?

ReputationRep:
    Lol, I'm not affected by onions. They usually just spray water into the actors eyes right?
    Yeah, that's what I've had done in the past. But onions actually provide the redness to your eyes that happens when you cry for real.

ReputationRep:
    Forget everything else and just put some sudocrem on your skin.

ReputationRep:
    I'll try this red onion for a week then I'll be back for any progress.

Poll
Brexit: Given the chance now, would you vote leave or remain?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.