vashini84
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 6 years ago
I have a good first degree in Computing and Information Systems and I am now in the process of applying for postgraduate studies in actuarial science. Completely new to the field but I am really serious on completing the actuarial exams. I have always been good at Maths - got AA in Maths and Further Maths for my GCE Advanced Level. Considering my academic background, I want to know what my chances are of getting an offer at Kent to study PDip in Actuarial Science. Has anyone else with a first degree in computer science secured an admission at Kent to follow this course? I already applied to Cass for their postgraduate course in actuarial science and got a reject. So I am a little apprehensive about applying to Kent. Please advice.
fastswift
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
I think you should give it a go. You could be accepted, you will never know!

Posted from TSR Mobile
vashini84
Rep:
?
Thank you for replying. Already applied to Kent and still waiting for a response. I also applied to University of Leicester for the MSc in Actuarial Science program and got a reject. So, I really don't know what to think about my chances with Kent. Hoping for the best.
vashini84
Rep:
?
I can't believe it. I got accepted into Kent!!! *dances around* Miracles do exist. )
fastswift
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
Congratulations!
vashini84
Rep:
?
Thank you!
bijesh12
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
(Original post by vashini84)
I can't believe it. I got accepted into Kent!!! *dances around* Miracles do exist. )
Congratulations. What degree class did you achieve for your BSc ? I'm looking to do actuarial science and I've got a maths degree jus waiting for the degree class and results for next week. Also have you had any relevant work experience ?

Posted from TSR Mobile
vashini84
Rep:
?
(Original post by bijesh12)
Congratulations. What degree class did you achieve for your BSc ? I'm looking to do actuarial science and I've got a maths degree jus waiting for the degree class and results for next week. Also have you had any relevant work experience ?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Thank you. I got a first class for my BSc. But honestly, I wouldn't say my performance through the 4 years of study was anything great, but I managed to scrape through. (: I actually worked as a QA engineer, so that's all the experience I have - not even remotely related to Maths/Actuarial Science. All the best with your results. With a degree in Mathematics, you're good.
bijesh12
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
(Original post by vashini84)
Thank you. I got a first class for my BSc. But honestly, I wouldn't say my performance through the 4 years of study was anything great, but I managed to scrape through. (: I actually worked as a QA engineer, so that's all the experience I have - not even remotely related to Maths/Actuarial Science. All the best with your results. With a degree in Mathematics, you're good.
Did u get accepted into Brunel for financial mathematics. That's what I did for my BSc. But I'm looking to gain exemptions so need to get on an actuarial science course. Did you have any kind of interview for any universities ?

Posted from TSR Mobile
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Do you have the space and resources you need to succeed in home learning?

Yes I have everything I need (195)
58.38%
I don't have everything I need (139)
41.62%

Watched Threads