The Student Room Group

Aqa law unit 3 models

Scroll to see replies

With the intoxication case Hardie where the prescription drugs D took have the opposite effect to what they should have, what would he be liable for? Would he be aquitted?

Also going back to AS :L With transferred malice, for example if D intented a s47 on intended victim but cause s20 to his actual victim, will he only be liable for the s47 as he didnt form MR for s20?
Reply 81
Original post by LauraEve96
With the intoxication case Hardie where the prescription drugs D took have the opposite effect to what they should have, what would he be liable for? Would he be aquitted?

Also going back to AS :L With transferred malice, for example if D intented a s47 on intended victim but cause s20 to his actual victim, will he only be liable for the s47 as he didnt form MR for s20?

In Hardie he wasn't reckless as he did not know the effects of the drug which was supposed to calm him

The principle of transferred malice is only applicable from person to person or object to object and the mesn rea can only be transferred for the SAME offence so no in the example you gave. He would have to prove the actus reus of S20 to be convicted for it
Original post by Dilsz
In Hardie he wasn't reckless as he did not know the effects of the drug which was supposed to calm him

The principle of transferred malice is only applicable from person to person or object to object and the mesn rea can only be transferred for the SAME offence so no in the example you gave. He would have to prove the actus reus of S20 to be convicted for it

Thank you! Good luck tomorrow
Reply 83
When doing a murder question & it is diminished responsibility or provocation do we go through murder first and then explain either diminished responsibility or provocation Or do we skip the murder application & just do the application for dr or provocation?
Reply 84
Original post by Sk1996
When doing a murder question & it is diminished responsibility or provocation do we go through murder first and then explain either diminished responsibility or provocation Or do we skip the murder application & just do the application for dr or provocation?

Provocation? The defence is called Loss of called. Provocation got abolished under the Coroners and Justice Act 2009

You have to go through murder first then the defences
Reply 85
Original post by Dilsz
Provocation? The defence is called Loss of called. Provocation got abolished under the Coroners and Justice Act 2009

You have to go through murder first then the defences

oh i know it's loss of control but my teacher had wrote provocation in my class notes for some reason so that stuck lol. i will definitely use loss of control in the exam though thanks
I havent revised involuntary manslaughter.. do you think they could put murder and involuntary MS in the same section? :s-smilie:
Reply 87
Original post by LauraEve96
I havent revised involuntary manslaughter.. do you think they could put murder and involuntary MS in the same section? :s-smilie:

I don't see why not. They done it in the past so why not :P
How many issues and defences are you looking to discuss per questions?
Reply 89
Original post by leeanthonyturner
How many issues and defences are you looking to discuss per questions?

There's a minimum of 3 per question
On murder and Vol Mans evaluation it is acceptable to choose either loss of control or diminished responsibility (after evaluating murder) and go in to real detail, if you don't know enough about one, then mention both with less detail. If it comes up, I personally will evaluate Loss of control and really go to town on it, as with diminished responsibility the evaluation lacks content

This comes from the AQA A2 book for those who doubt me
On June 2013 Scenario 2, the murder question has two murders. Do you apply murder for each and one defence for each? Confused.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 92
Original post by namaanulhaq
On June 2013 Scenario 2, the murder question has two murders. Do you apply murder for each and one defence for each? Confused.

Posted from TSR Mobile

YA
Original post by Dilsz
YA

Ain't nobody got time fo' that!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Sometimes there's issues of intox in the murder question would u include that in DR paragraph and talk about what gittens and deitchman talk about regarding that?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Sk1996
oh i know it's loss of control but my teacher had wrote provocation in my class notes for some reason so that stuck lol. i will definitely use loss of control in the exam though thanks

I doubt they'll do that due to all the exams being at the end they are being quite lenient towards us :biggrin:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Monifakhan
Sometimes there's issues of intox in the murder question would u include that in DR paragraph and talk about what gittens and deitchman talk about regarding that?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Yeah, there's either "D is suffering from intoxication" so he can't use DR or "D has an abnormality of mental functioning and is intoxicated" so you disregard the intoxication, or "D's long term alcohol or drug abuse has led to a medical condition that causes an abnormality of mental functioning".

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by namaanulhaq
Yeah, there's either "D is suffering from intoxication" so he can't use DR or "D has an abnormality of mental functioning and is intoxicated" so you disregard the intoxication, or "D's long term alcohol or drug abuse has led to a medical condition that causes an abnormality of mental functioning".

Posted from TSR Mobile

Right thanks understood it :wink:

Posted from TSR Mobile
How did everyone find it? It was a reasonable paper but I ran out of time again :frown:
Reply 99
Original post by qwertyuiopp
How did everyone find it? It was a reasonable paper but I ran out of time again :frown:

I forgot to write about gbh in scenario 1 :frown:

Quick Reply

Latest