Help with finance please

Watch this thread
pl0x0cube
Badges: 3
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report Thread starter 8 years ago
I am unsure on how the new system on finance works. I have been torn between 2 unis for ages and whilst I have finally made my mind up on which one I am going to I am unclear about the answer to some circumstances. For example if I go to this university and decide I don't like it after one year and drop out to go to a different university to do a different degree, can I still get funded for it?
balotelli12
Badges: 9
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report 8 years ago
If that is exactly what happens then yes, you can.
Georgie_M
Badges: 13
Rep:
Report 8 years ago
(Original post by pl0x0cube)
I am unsure on how the new system on finance works. I have been torn between 2 unis for ages and whilst I have finally made my mind up on which one I am going to I am unclear about the answer to some circumstances. For example if I go to this university and decide I don't like it after one year and drop out to go to a different university to do a different degree, can I still get funded for it?
You are entitled to one 'grace' year, so you can repeat a year once during your time as a student or use it for a 4yr sandwich course.
Use it wisely though because you don't know what will happen in the future.
cambio wechsel
Badges: 20
Rep:
Report 8 years ago
(Original post by Georgie_M)
You are entitled to one 'grace' year, so you can repeat a year once during your time as a student or use it for a 4yr sandwich course.
Use it wisely though because you don't know what will happen in the future.
Isn't it the case that you're notionally entitled to 4 years, because some degrees are that long, such that this 'grace year' obtains for people on 3 year courses?
Georgie_M
Rep:
Report 8 years ago
(Original post by cambio wechsel)
Isn't it the case that you're notionally entitled to 4 years, because some degrees are that long, such that this 'grace year' obtains for people on 3 year courses?
You are right of course you are still entitled to a grace year even if your course is 4 yrs, I don't know why I even included that not particularly relevant to the discussion any way? Doh, not thinking before posting again.

I feel like you're trying to mould me in to a better poster? Ha.
cambio wechsel
Badges: 20
Rep:
Report 8 years ago
(Original post by Georgie_M)
... you are still entitled to a grace year even if your course is 4 years
this is the bit I was querying. I don't know that it's wrong, but I'm not sure that it's right.
Georgie_M
Rep:
Report 8 years ago
(Original post by cambio wechsel)
this is the bit I was querying. I don't know that it's wrong, but I'm not sure that it's right.
Someone showed me the equation SFE use for the grace year the other day but I remembered it wrong it is:
Total number of years in new course - (minus) number of previously funded years + (Plus) one grace year.

As far as I'm aware you are right and they do fund four year degrees in their own right so it shouldn't affect this equation.
pl0x0cube
Badges: 3
Rep:
Report Thread starter 8 years ago
Thanks guys all I wanted to know is if after 1 year I decided I made the wrong decision and want to go to the other option if I could still get funded for it and if I can that takes a huge load off my mind.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest

Were exams easier or harder than you expected?

Easier (47)
26.55%
As I expected (58)
32.77%
Harder (64)
36.16%
Something else (tell us in the thread) (8)
4.52%

Watched Threads