How bad is Imperial and its accommodation? Watch

n00bfi
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 5 years ago
There was a recent thread concerning life at Imperial. As an international student, it does not sound like a place to invest 100,000+ pounds. I'd like both views, both the bad and the good, if there are any.

Is accommodation really that bad?
Damask-
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
It's not bad as much as seriously expensive, and pretty small, but that's the case all over London.
Kerch
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
The price (and size of the rooms) reflects the location, which is one of the most sought after and expensive places to live in the UK.
n00bfi
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 5 years ago
I know, but apparently it doesn't reflect the quality.
AceS4
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
I am staying in Imperial accommodation. I applied for single en-suite rooms and I ended up with a twin. I was slightly upset in the beginning, but I got used to it.

The quality is great, it's not Nido or other of the kind, but it is more than okay...this coming from a very picky person. I have enough space even in a twin and I still have some privacy. The rooms are clean, the furniture is okay and new. You can see more pictures on booking.com (there are more pics there than on the college website).

Plus why would you need a big room? It would feel empty plus you don't spend that much time inside your room anyway. Not even if you have the least contact hours and you are anti social.

I am more than happy with the accommodation. Now I am struggling to find something similar for 200+ and as close as possible to the college and let me tell you there aren't that many options.
mooomooo
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
Imperial's accommodation is expensive but that's unavoidable considering the location of the uni! You will really learn to appreciate living in this part of the city and being so close to the uni. I love it here!

The quality is really not bad at all. The more expensive rooms in Princes Gardens are really nice and very modern. I'm in Evelyn Gardens and although it is more basic, I've grown to love it and the best part is how sociable it all is!

Please don't be apprehensive, I was honestly a bit unsure at first but now I absolutely love my accommodation and wouldn't change it!

But please be warned that the accomodation allocation system that imperial uses may mean you not getting a single one of your choices, ending up in a twin room instead of a single, or both (as happened with me). This is incredibly frustrating and happened to a lot of people last year. Especially if you want a single room, make sure you put on your application that your preference is room type over room price.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• Imperial College London
    Undergraduate Open Day Undergraduate
    Wed, 24 Jun '20
    Thu, 25 Jun '20
    Sat, 19 Sep '20

People at uni: do initiations (like heavy drinking) put you off joining sports societies?

Yes (470)
66.67%
No (235)
33.33%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise