EdwinB
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 7 years ago
Need to pick my insurance for Chemical Engineering, stuck between Aston and Swansea University, I'd be eternally grateful if someone could help me choose!
cnova
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
(Original post by EdwinB)
Need to pick my insurance for Chemical Engineering, stuck between Aston and Swansea University, I'd be eternally grateful if someone could help me choose!
I don't know about Aston, but Swansea University is well known for their Engineering prowess. Here's an excerpt from the Chemical Engineering Beng they do

Why study Chemical Engineering at Swansea University?

From authoring definitive text books on chemical engineering to finding solutions to the world's water shortages, Swansea University has a proud tradition delivering pioneering process engineering solutions to meet our modern-day needs.

Our internationally leading research underpins our BEng Chemical Engineering course, which provides knowledge of physical, chemical and biological processes. Our enthusiastic staff are committed to excellence in teaching and research.

This course will be delivered at the Bay Campus, Swansea University from September 2015.
Bay Campus is a new Campus that Engineering students will be placed at.
EdwinB
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 7 years ago
(Original post by cnova)
I don't know about Aston, but Swansea University is well known for their Engineering prowess. Here's an excerpt from the Chemical Engineering Beng they do

Bay Campus is a new Campus that Engineering students will be placed at.
Thanks for your reply, Bay Campus looks exciting but does that mean that the Campus for Engineering students at the moment isnt so good?

Also, do know how well respected engineering is at Swansea?
cnova
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
Thanks for your reply, Bay Campus looks exciting but does that mean that the Campus for Engineering students at the moment isnt so good?

Also, do know how well respected engineering is at Swansea?
They are quite well known and are ranked 18th for Chemical Engineering in the UK, which is above Aston.

Excerpt from Swansea University

The Research Assessment Exercise (RAE) in 2008 ranked Engineering at Swansea University as 8th in the UK for the combined score in the research quality across the Engineering disciplines.
kaichung
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
Literally about to pick my uni choices, and it's between aston and swansea. I'm leaning towards swansea because they are quite reputable for chem eng ( 7th in chem eng in guardian league table). But Aston do have good business links, so hard to choose!
MrMikeEsq
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
Read up about Swansea's new bay campus. Sept. 2015 will be the first intake there. It could really sway your decision

Posted from TSR Mobile
riddleofrevenge
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
does anyone know what the overall "feel" is like in them both? i need to pick between these two as well and i don't know what the staff and support is like at swansea
Swansea University
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
(Original post by riddleofrevenge)
does anyone know what the overall "feel" is like in them both? i need to pick between these two as well and i don't know what the staff and support is like at swansea
Hi Everyone, thanks for showing interest in Swansea University for Engineering! You're right - we have our new Bay Campus opening this September which will be home of Engineering and School of Management. If you would like to see some photos of the Bay Campus and its facilities, visit our Facebook page - https://www.facebook.com/swanseauniversity

Swansea University is excellent for student satisfaction and we won 'University of the Year' in the WhatUni.com Student Choice awards 2014. You can find out more about being a student at Swansea by visiting this web page which has lots of photos and case studies and facts from current students - http://www.swansea.ac.uk/bright-futures/

I hope this helps - please let us know if we can help further!
Mo Tayee
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
(Original post by kaichung)
Literally about to pick my uni choices, and it's between aston and swansea. I'm leaning towards swansea because they are quite reputable for chem eng ( 7th in chem eng in guardian league table). But Aston do have good business links, so hard to choose!
Hi,
If you don't mind me asking, which did you end up picking between Aston and Swansea, also which would you recommend as an insurance if i'm looking at minimum BBB/BBC, how lenient do you think Swansea / Aston are? any advice would be great
Mo Tayee
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
Hi,If you don't mind me asking, which did you end up picking between Aston and Swansea, also which would you recommend as an insurance if i'm looking at minimum BBB/BBC, how lenient do you think Swansea / Aston are? any advice would be great
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

How are you feeling about starting university this autumn?

Really excited (64)
21.99%
Excited but a bit nervous (132)
45.36%
Not bothered either way (36)
12.37%
I'm really nervous (59)
20.27%

Watched Threads