The Student Room Group

Integrated Masters or Bachelors?

I've currently got an offer to study Ancient History (BA) at Manchester University. But now it's complicated as I have seen they are running an Integrated Masters Degree in Planning and Real Estate; this peaked my interest as I have always considered the idea of a future in Real Estate or developing property.

This has led me to now become unsure on what course to take as I do enjoy history.

Ultimately I know it's down to me and my interests but I would appreciate external opinions on the matter in terms of what would be better for future employability? Would the added costs be too risky? Or help me in the future?

If you had the choice of Integrated Masters or Bachelors, what would you pick?
Original post by Ironeee
I've currently got an offer to study Ancient History (BA) at Manchester University. But now it's complicated as I have seen they are running an Integrated Masters Degree in Planning and Real Estate; this peaked my interest as I have always considered the idea of a future in Real Estate or developing property.

This has led me to now become unsure on what course to take as I do enjoy history.

Ultimately I know it's down to me and my interests but I would appreciate external opinions on the matter in terms of what would be better for future employability? Would the added costs be too risky? Or help me in the future?

If you had the choice of Integrated Masters or Bachelors, what would you pick?

I think the integrated masters programmes are great, as you effectively get a masters cheaply. However, I wouldn't do one just because it's there. I would only do one if it was within an area I enjoyed.

The Planning and Real Estate degree is very tunnel visioned, in that you can't do much with it I'd imagine. Whereas a History degree is widely known to be a high valued degree in many fields, such as Law, teaching, academia and so on.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending