The Student Room Group

interview for learning mentor primary school

Hi I have an interview for a learning mentor role in a primary school. I will given a case study to do, what does this involve? what sort of questions will they ask
My guess with the case study will be that you're given background info to a child and have to think how best to support him/her (interventions etc) but I don't know. And I imagine questions will be around that sort of thing - how you've helped people (children), skills needed etc.
Reply 2
You may be asked to observe the child in the classroom and make notes based on what you observe as to what you think may help them to access the curriculum more fully. i.e. You notice they are distracted by another pupil X, when the teacher's back is turned, so you suggest moving them away from X, that sort of thing. Or you think they are decoding a piece of text when reading but not fully comprehending it, and you think some intervention around that is needed.

Having said that, that's pretty full on for an interview, so you may be given notes from someone else's observation and a little background as the poster above suggested, and asked your ideas around that.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending