SarahhDoran
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 6 years ago
Hey guys, I'm an A2 student that is also retaking ethics As and was wondering if anyone's teachers had tried to predict any of the As or A2 ethics papers questions?
My teacher thinks for philosophy that religious language, miracles, religious experience and life/death will come up but were not too sure on ethics.

Any help would be appreciated
CurlyC
Badges: 7
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
Do you have a list of the questions that came up in the summer 2013 exams, would you mind posting them?
hoakley
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
The AS Ethics questions from June 2013-

1a) Explain, with examples, the importance Kant placed upon doing one’s duty. [25]

1b) To what extent is doing one’s duty the most important part of ethics? [10]

2a) Explain how a follower of the religion you have studied might approach the issues of

infertility. [25]

2b) ‘The right to a child is not an absolute right.’ Discuss. [10]

3a) Explain how the concept of the ‘Quality of Life’ might be applied to euthanasia. [25]

3b) ‘The ‘Sanctity of Life’ is the most important issue when considering euthanasia.’

Discuss. [10]

4a) Explain the main principles of the classical forms of Utilitarianism. [25]

4b) ‘Utilitarianism is not a good guide for resolving ethical dilemmas.’ Discuss. [10]
hoakley
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
I've also found the AS philosophy questions and I suspect that Aristotle is going to come up as well as the Cosmological argument and goodness of God, but theodicy(both Augustine and Irenaeus), irreducible complexity, and the Ontological argument probably aren't going to come up since they came up last year.

Also if you're doing A2 Philos/Ethics this website is really helpful- http://jakedoesrevision.blogspot.co....onscience.html

I used it last year and got an A in the Philosophy just using his notes!
Dazzling_Belinda
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
(Original post by hoakley)
The AS Ethics questions from June 2013-

1a) Explain, with examples, the importance Kant placed upon doing one’s duty. [25]

1b) To what extent is doing one’s duty the most important part of ethics? [10]

2a) Explain how a follower of the religion you have studied might approach the issues of

infertility. [25]

2b) ‘The right to a child is not an absolute right.’ Discuss. [10]

3a) Explain how the concept of the ‘Quality of Life’ might be applied to euthanasia. [25]

3b) ‘The ‘Sanctity of Life’ is the most important issue when considering euthanasia.’

Discuss. [10]

4a) Explain the main principles of the classical forms of Utilitarianism. [25]

4b) ‘Utilitarianism is not a good guide for resolving ethical dilemmas.’ Discuss. [10]

Have you got ones that came up for the Philosophy side?
CurlyC
Badges: 7
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
Anyone have the questions for A2?
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

With no certainty that exams next year will take place, how does this make you feel?

More motivated (87)
31.41%
Less motivated (190)
68.59%

Watched Threads