Christian Fanatic Scars Crucifix Into Muslim Girl's hand Watch

This discussion is closed.
Mr White
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
(Original post by Howard)
Actually, from what I've read most people on this forum do regard Americans as mentally subnormal. But only when the obligatory "obese" stereotype has become exhausted over an hour of successive posts.
You see, that's a fair generalisation. Americans, statistically, are much 'larger' than any other country. Not to say all of them are, of course, but to say they are, on average, a fat country would be, to an extent, justified. Of course, looking at the average Britain, I may be forced to abandon national pride in the near future.
Evolin
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
(Original post by Dr. Blazed)
Well, these things will happen if you insist on going to Romford.
Well actually she was taken from balfour road...in ilford, romford is not very near ilford.
my school is bout 5 minutes from dat place too.
me!
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
(Original post by Tazzie)
Well actually she was taken from balfour road...in ilford, romford is not very near ilford.
Do you go to Valentines?!!
Helenia
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
(Original post by Mr White)
In Bournemouth Town Centre, there used to be an old Orthodox nut-job who would stand on a soap-box every other thursday and shout that gays, Catholics, blacks and women were all 'satan's spawn' and would go to hell. My point is that every religion / organisation has individual basket cases, who look to whatever ethos it is as a motivation for their random lunacy.
We had a nutter like that in Wolverhampton city centre as well, dunno if he's still there. He never hurt anyone though, just shouted a lot.

I would think that 99% of Christians (myself included) are horrified at that guy's actions, myself included. Just as most Muslims aren't violent and so on. That is not representative of Christianity as a whole.
Joey_Johns
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
(Original post by Helenia)
We had a nutter like that in Wolverhampton city centre as well, dunno if he's still there. He never hurt anyone though, just shouted a lot.

I would think that 99% of Christians (myself included) are horrified at that guy's actions, myself included. Just as most Muslims aren't violent and so on. That is not representative of Christianity as a whole.
Yes, at least he didn't destroy important buildings in a muslim country in a plane.

I watched a program on stigmata last night, it made me cringe, it was so obvious people were harming themselves and faking 'weeping statues' for 5 minutes of fame.
Howard
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
(Original post by Joey_Johns)
Yes, at least he didn't destroy important buildings in a muslim country in a plane.

I watched a program on stigmata last night, it made me cringe, it was so obvious people were harming themselves and faking 'weeping statues' for 5 minutes of fame.
Do you think the Shia muslims in Iraq that whip themselves with chains until their flesh is torn are also nutters? Or is it just the Christian stigmati that you reserve your judgement for?
Joey_Johns
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
Do you think the Shia muslims in Iraq that whip themselves with chains until their flesh is torn are also nutters? Or is it just the Christian stigmati that you reserve your judgement for?
Anybody who harms themsleves IMO are complete nutters.
blissy
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
stigmata and self-flagellation = ikky and weird.
me!
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
That film Stigmata was seriously weird... it didn't scare me as in give me nightmares but about 4/5 years on or whatever I still have images of it implanted in my brain, what's that all about :confused:
rah
Badges:
Report 15 years ago
(Original post by Tazzie)
yes but he then drove her to romford, thats still pretty scary as a whole bunch of my friends live around cranbrook road
]{ingnik
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
Sure. There's a billion Roman Catholics alone (forget all the Protestant denominations) accounting for 1/6th of the worlds population. They're all lunatics :rolleyes:
something like that
riffraff
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
(Original post by blissy)
stigmata and self-flagellation = ikky and weird.
if a person feels guilt, serious guilt and begins to hate themselves for it, then self-flagellation is used as a form of punishment for what they have done wrong. once they have punished themselves, their conciences are clear and they can continue with their lives. at least, that is how I understand it.
blissy
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
(Original post by riffraff)
if a person feels guilt, serious guilt and begins to hate themselves for it, then self-flagellation is used as a form of punishment for what they have done wrong. once they have punished themselves, their conciences are clear and they can continue with their lives. at least, that is how I understand it.
I know why people do it, but I still think it's ikky and weird. God is forgiving, and I'm sure he wouldn't want to see people stripping their skin off for his sake! Just another form of extremism, I suppose.
Apollo
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
(Original post by hattori)
his motivation must be based on the fact that he's mad
took the words right out of my mouth
wawa
Report 15 years ago
hey aurorascopic and everybody else who's posted in this thread...

i just wanted to say that this girl that you're referring to who was abducted by the christian fanatic... well, i also go the same school as her... infact she's in my class. the truth is that such an event is very unlikely to have taken place. this girl has been known for seeking attention and the story that she's told everybody has always been different.

there are several factors which make her story impossible to have occured which i can list if you want me to. but in this post, i just thought i'd infrom you that it didn't take place, and i am quite sure that this girl has ADD (attention deficit disorder).

so please don't feel sympathy for an occurance that didn't take place. there was no christian fanatic or "madman".
zombie
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
Hmm.. I thought as much seeing as I haven't seen the story on the national news yet or in any paper.. then again, it may turn out to be true but it jus sounds like somebody has a bit of an agenda no?
Vienna
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
(Original post by wawa)
hey aurorascopic and everybody else who's posted in this thread...

i just wanted to say that this girl that you're referring to who was abducted by the christian fanatic... well, i also go the same school as her... infact she's in my class. the truth is that such an event is very unlikely to have taken place. this girl has been known for seeking attention and the story that she's told everybody has always been different.

there are several factors which make her story impossible to have occured which i can list if you want me to. but in this post, i just thought i'd infrom you that it didn't take place, and i am quite sure that this girl has ADD (attention deficit disorder).

so please don't feel sympathy for an occurance that didn't take place. there was no christian fanatic or "madman".
hehe, you only had to read the article to realise it was a joke...what a laugh.. and a mole on his chin...oooooh
Windsinger
Report 15 years ago
Whether the incident happened or not, it's still unfair of anyone to stereotype Christians.
I am a non-denominational Christian who is sick and tired of the conflict between Christianity, other religions, agnostics and athiests.

Yes there are some people who believe that everyone who is not a Christian must repent or go to hell. So they try to force Christian belief onto others.

But this is also true of every other religion or non-religion in the world!
There are athiests who kill Christians, Muslims who kill athiests, Christians who kill Muslims and everything else in between.
But that is no reason for anyone to stereotype everyone in that particular faith or position.

Not everyone in each faith is like that!
There are good and bad people in every group.

As a Christian, i believe that Christianity is the right way.
Otherwise i wouldn't be a Christian.
But it doesn't mean that i disrespect anyone with a different opinion or belief.

It is not my place to judge anyone else in the world.
And neither is it anyone else's place to judge, whether Christian or not.
I believe that only God can judge people, and only God will decide who goes where after death.

So all of this "you are not christian so you are going to hell" stuff means nothing to me. God gave us free will. The ability to decide whether to follow him or not. So no one has the right to tell anyone else what to believe or that they are wrong.

Peace to all of you.
Bigcnee
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
Can I just ask the thread-starter where she/he found this. I can't find anything about it anywhere.
X
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Which party will you be voting for in the General Election?

Conservatives (118)
19.7%
Labour (302)
50.42%
Liberal Democrats (79)
13.19%
Green Party (30)
5.01%
Brexit Party (7)
1.17%
Independent Group for Change (Change UK) (3)
0.5%
SNP (13)
2.17%
Plaid Cymru (3)
0.5%
Democratic Unionist Party (DUP) (0)
0%
Sinn Fein (6)
1%
SDLP (0)
0%
Ulster Unionist (3)