HELP! Case Studies for Tectonic Activity and Hazards 70 mark question. Thanks! :)

Watch
Zoe96
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 6 years ago
Hi, I'm studying... Edexcel A2 Geography

Does anyone have any suggested case studies to use for a 70 mark Tectonic Activity and Hazards essay please? (Edexcel June 2014)

It's particularly regarding the management strategies of primary and secondary hazards, before, during and after the tectonic hazard event- for instance the early warning system which was put in place after the Indian Ocean Boxing Day Tsunami.

Any help would be greatly appreciated, thank you!!
ArnoldPygmePuff
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
Hi Zoe

I'm struggling too. I got event case studies e.g. Boxing Day, Haiti earthquake etc. And I got a list of strategies. But I don't get whether the strategies are case studies in themselves or not.

If they aren't, what I'm going to do is give a name of a strategy, write about it and then give e.g. of when it was used - so for example: tsunami warning system, blah blah blah about how it works, was used to issue warnings for the Chile earthquake of xyz magnitude, which killed xyz people and cost .... in damage.

Is this helpful?
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Had lockdown impacted your relationships?

Yes, my partner and I are struggling (16)
7.96%
Yes, my partner and I broke up (14)
6.97%
Yes, it's hard being around my family so much (43)
21.39%
Yes, I'm feeling lonely isolating alone (24)
11.94%
No, nothing has changed (67)
33.33%
No, it's helped improve my relationships (37)
18.41%

Watched Threads