Newspapers - do you read them? Watch

This discussion is closed.
lou p lou
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
(Original post by me!)
they now do the Times small, but it just doesn't look right, even though to read the proper sized one properely I have to sit crossed legged on the sofa with it sprawled out in front of me...
i don't like the times... sound stupid but i'm so used to the telegraph, i don't like the font the times is written in..

lou xxx
dangermegz
Badges: 0
Report 15 years ago
Since I started living at school (god that sounds awful) I've started reading the guardian. coz otherwise no knowledge of the outside world manages to penetrate through to me!

Megz.
me!
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
(Original post by lou p lou)
i don't like the times... sound stupid but i'm so used to the telegraph, i don't like the font the times is written in..

lou xxx
I read the Times because my dad gets it, and I'm too young to go and buy newspapers so I just read whatever's there...

I don't think we've ever had a telegraph!!
GH
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
(Original post by dangermegz)
Since I started living at school (god that sounds awful) I've started reading the guardian. coz otherwise no knowledge of the outside world manages to penetrate through to me!

Megz.
Check out the Google online news service. One of the best around.
theaman
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 15 years ago
A lot of the papers now do online editions.
Geogger
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
(Original post by dangermegz)

Megz.
And at least the Guardian has a decent crossword.
ThornsnRoses
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
My dad gets the Guardian, but i get the Independant, because its cute and small...such a lame reason.

Does anyone bother watching the news? I watch the channel 4 one, i am jon snow and krishnan guru murphy fan...hehehe...and i really like sarah smith, shes cool...i like her new hairstyle.
AT82
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
I got my news from the net and digital teletext. I also read the Daily Mail because my parents by it.

My favourite papers are the South Manchester Reporter and The Manchester Evening News.
theaman
Rep:
?
(Original post by ThornsnRoses)
Does anyone bother watching the news? I watch the channel 4 one, i am jon snow and krishnan guru murphy fan...hehehe...and i really like sarah smith, shes cool...i like her new hairstyle.
I prefer the ITV News.
stu_uk_aussie
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
The Times and occasionally the Mirror just because the scandals and stories it has are funny.
viviki
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
The Times, Metro when I'm on the tram or train and I get news off the internet.
iiikewldude
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
does anyone else feel like they would like to read papers but they're always full of boring mundane articles because frankly there isn't enough interesting things going on in the world on a daily basis to fill a whole paper with. Today was an exception, i was reading quite a few quality articles in the sunday times. Most of the time i end up flicking through without finding an article worth reading.
theaman
Rep:
?
(Original post by iiikewldude)
does anyone else feel like they would like to read papers but they're always full of boring mundane articles because frankly there isn't enough interesting things going on in the world on a daily basis to fill a whole paper with. Today was an exception, i was reading quite a few quality articles in the sunday times. Most of the time i end up flicking through without finding an article worth reading.
Thats why I read The Sun!

Concise, entertaining articles on things I want to read about!
_ELiTeCaRR_
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
(Original post by theaman)
Does everyone read a newspaper here?

If so, which newspaper do you read?
yes, the independant at the start of each morning at sixth form
TheWolf
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
The Times and The Independent have both cut the size of their papers down.

But they are still big papers. Just shows how big the normal size of thew papers are.
telegraph = the best
theaman
Rep:
?
(Original post by TheWolf)
telegraph = the best
Good for fantasy football.

Not sure about the rest of the paper - prefer the tabloids.
iiikewldude
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
Thats why I read The Sun!

Concise, entertaining articles on things I want to read about!
i've read the sun and other similar papers before and they actually really pissed me off. I hated the way they'd have headlines like 'skull found in jar' then on page 7 where the story was continued it would go on to say it was a dogs skull for medical research or something. I also hated how so many of the articles were so made up/severe bending of the truth.
ThornsnRoses
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
(Original post by TheWolf)
telegraph = the best
too right-wing. My friends dad writes in it, and she doesnt even read it...hahaha
Harry Potter
Badges:
Report 15 years ago
I just read the Guardian online, but it's a bit irritating sometimes. It's full of ignorant lefties who can't think for themselves. The Independant is the best paper.
X
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Which party will you be voting for in the General Election?

Conservatives (73)
19.73%
Labour (178)
48.11%
Liberal Democrats (52)
14.05%
Green Party (22)
5.95%
Brexit Party (5)
1.35%
Independent Group for Change (Change UK) (3)
0.81%
SNP (8)
2.16%
Plaid Cymru (3)
0.81%
Democratic Unionist Party (DUP) (0)
0%
Sinn Fein (6)
1.62%
SDLP (0)
0%
Ulster Unionist (2)