The Student Room Group

Would Further Maths be considered as a science when applying for Uni?

For an engineering course it says

'Maths' + 'one science subject'

Scroll to see replies

It should say on the university website whether it is considered a science subject (in a general entrance requirements page or FAQ.)
Reply 2
Original post by PythianLegume
It should say on the university website whether it is considered a science subject (in a general entrance requirements page or FAQ.)

It doesn't lol, that's why I'm a little confused.
Reply 3
If it's Engineering, I would be inclined to say that Further Maths would be considered.
Send them an e-mail asking.
Reply 5
Original post by Sataris
If it's Engineering, I would be inclined to say that Further Maths would be considered.

Yay! How do you know anyway...
Reply 6
Original post by JAIYEKO
Yay! How do you know anyway...

I never said I knew :tongue: Am I right in assuming you're going in without Physics?
Reply 7
Original post by Sataris
I never said I knew :tongue: Am I right in assuming you're going in without Physics?

Yeah but with Geology, its PetE I'm looking into
Reply 8
Original post by JAIYEKO
Yeah but with Geology, its PetE I'm looking into

I have no idea what that means :s-smilie:
Reply 9
Original post by Sataris
I have no idea what that means :s-smilie:

Petroleum Engineering.
Original post by JAIYEKO
Petroleum Engineering.

Aha! Well I would take flyyoufools's advice and ask them, to make sure. But I would surprised if they didn't accept it as a science for a course like that.
Reply 11
Original post by Sataris
Aha! Well I would take flyyoufools's advice and ask them, to make sure. But I would surprised if they didn't accept it as a science for a course like that.

They said they accept Geology when I called them but the lady I was talking to was like the receptionist. and I'll be doing Geology, Maths and Further Maths
Original post by JAIYEKO
They said they accept Geology when I called them but the lady I was talking to was like the receptionist. and I'll be doing Geology, Maths and Further Maths

So you're safe then? Pretty cool that your school offers Geology.
Reply 13
Original post by Sataris
So you're safe then? Pretty cool that your school offers Geology.

Yeah mate. What are you doing and what you're looking into (course wise)?
I'm doing AS Maths, Further Maths, Physics and History. Gonna drop History next year and go for an engineering course, probably aerospace if I can :smile:
Reply 15
Original post by Sataris
I'm doing AS Maths, Further Maths, Physics and History. Gonna drop History next year and go for an engineering course, probably aerospace if I can :smile:

We're doing very similar subjects expect from History. Imperial does a very good course for that..
Original post by JAIYEKO
We're doing very similar subjects expect from History. Imperial does a very good course for that..

Indeed! With grade requirements to match, lol. I would like to go to Imperial, but I don't know whether I'm good enough to secure an offer... :frown:
Reply 17
Original post by Sataris
Indeed! With grade requirements to match, lol. I would like to go to Imperial, but I don't know whether I'm good enough to secure an offer... :frown:

What grade at GCSE did you get and AS (predicted). You can get in, subjects you're doing is ideal.
Original post by JAIYEKO
What grade at GCSE did you get and AS (predicted). You can get in, subjects you're doing is ideal.

GCSE was 10 A*s, 1 A. My predicted AS grades are all As. So I guess it's looking so far, if I can get the UMS to secure A*s next year.
Reply 19
Original post by Sataris
GCSE was 10 A*s, 1 A. My predicted AS grades are all As. So I guess it's looking so far, if I can get the UMS to secure A*s next year.

Yeah they're really good, no reason why you wouldn't get in

Quick Reply

Latest