This discussion is closed.
maximusmak
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 15 years ago
i want to ask the wise people out there this question.

what is the quickest most realistic way of getting rich, without using any thing involving crime or famousity (if theres such word)
maximusmak
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 15 years ago
(Original post by piginapoke)
There are lots of ways.

One way is to provide something that there is a demand for that you can obtain or produce at a low cost and sell for a profit.
any ideas?
Daveo
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
(Original post by piginapoke)
There are lots of ways.

One way is to provide something that there is a demand for that you can obtain or produce at a low cost and sell for a profit.
Perfect idea
Next question - what do you demand which is easy to produce at a low cost?
G4ry
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
Invest in the american stock market. But it takes money to make money.
HammaL
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
(Original post by maximusmak)

what is the quickest most realistic way of getting rich, without using any thing involving crime or famousity (if theres such word)

http://www.national-lottery.co.uk
AT82
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
Why not work in McDonalds? Anyway I thoght you already made a fortune selling PCs.
G4ry
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
(Original post by amazingtrade)
Why not work in McDonalds? Anyway I thoght you already made a fortune selling PCs.
He said he wants to get rich, not have a bit of pocket money. If it was easy to get rich everyone would be rich. You either have it or you don't - simple as that.
AT82
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
(Original post by G4ry)
He said he wants to get rich, not have a bit of pocket money. If it was easy to get rich everyone would be rich. You either have it or you don't - simple as that.
Thats why I sugessted McDonlads to earn money to make money I was actually being sarcastic.

Why not invest in the property market?
G4ry
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
Why not invest in the property market?
You need a lot of money to do that. It's not the right time either. Wait until we get into a recession and then start investing in it.
MuniE
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago

Futures contracts on the S&P 500, you get 250 dollars for each point per contract. Thats how you make lots, or lose lots, very quickly.
AT82
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
Not really it depends where you buy, there are still a lot of up and coming areas where you can buy houses for £5k because of all the regeneration they will be worth more than one day. A mate on my course bought a house last year in Salford for £30k its now worth £50k.

Its defenatly not the right time to buy a house in South Manchester though, where I live property is still going up £1000 a week and there is only one thing that can happen the prices will crash but in cheaper areas I think the prices will rise.
iiikewldude
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
Not really it depends where you buy, there are still a lot of up and coming areas where you can buy houses for £5k because of all the regeneration they will be worth more than one day. A mate on my course bought a house last year in Salford for £30k its now worth £50k.

Its defenatly not the right time to buy a house in South Manchester though, where I live property is still going up £1000 a week and there is only one thing that can happen the prices will crash but in cheaper areas I think the prices will rise.
house prices in edinburgh have gone up steadily and very quickly over the last 5 years. It's probably the most expensive place to buy a house outside london.
AT82
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
(Original post by iiikewldude)
house prices in edinburgh have gone up steadily and very quickly over the last 5 years. It's probably the most expensive place to buy a house outside london.
Yeah it probably is, I think Cheshire and Lemmington Spar (the official most expensive place outside London and the richest town apparantly in the UK) is very rich.

Where I live a 2 bed terrace can cost £200k if its a good one, a run down 3 bed semi was sold in auction for £350k, and 150 people viewed it, 17 people but in offers. It was madness.

This is not Cheshire either its proper Manchester although it is the second richest part of Manchester.

Its great for landlords but crap for people like me thats priced out of my own town. I still think the property market is a good way to make money though.

If not then setup a market stall.
ickle_katy
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
but its rediculas...i live in a 5 bedroom house...thats technically a "mantionette" with gorgeous views over the breacon becons...thats worth dramatically less than £100K

love Katy ***
Danithestudent
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago

That's EASSSSSYYYY. If you are a girl get some rich boy realllllly drunk and get pregnant with his child, make sure that he is either famous or his family is then threaten to tell the papers.
Note: You may not have to actually be pregnant, just get a friend to fake some scans etc.

And a bloke, marry a rich transexual. It may not be in your interests romantically but I'm sure you'll make them happy and you'll be too busy counting their dosh to even notice their ******
TheWolf
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago

most realistic way of getting rich is getting a job and get your salaries from it- then invest it in stocks e.g. ftse index 100 trackers - which is basically high interest savings account at 10% interest rates a year
Kurdt Morello
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
compare with a 3 bedroom house - 2 bathrooms one toilet - detached with garage - big garden - driveway etc. worth over £300k in Essex. Went to Wales for a couple of days and it was so cheap - one could buy a similar house for about £45k with far better views and countryside
Danithestudent
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
Note: For those people who think I have no morals or ethics I have proof that I do. I didn't get with some guy that fancied me just because he was rich, I fell asleep and he ended up leaving some bottles of Cristal champagne at mine.

Proving that I have morals(and four bottles of £100 a bottle champagne!).
username9816
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago

Being psychic and buying lottery tickets.
Danithestudent
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
My parents bought a three bedroom house with no garden but a double garage and carport off the bank in a little town called Arundel, West Sussex. For a little under £100k. It's on the market now for £550k

hahahahahahahhahaha

oh and yeah invest in the south east, buy it off the bank and fix it up
X
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Did you vote in the 2019 general election?

Yes (255)
48.66%
No (57)
10.88%
I'm not old enough (212)
40.46%

Watched Threads