This discussion is closed.
TheWolf
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
(Original post by maximusmak)
so wats the trick about the stock market, how do u get the best out of it, and which 1 is the most successful now?
read what i said
maximusmak
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 15 years ago
(Original post by iiikewldude)
being a security guard in iraq is apparently the new way to get rich easily.
the richest and the safest i meant. lol
maximusmak
Rep:
?
(Original post by Danithestudent)
Yeah I'm worried but he used to live in Yemen during the wars and he's best friends with some pretty cut throat people. He seems just like my daddy to me but I think he's killed people...which scares the crap outta me...not as much as when he's angry with me. Now THAT is scary
how did he say he it was in yemen
LH
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
i was thinking of investing in property but which area sells the cheapest property?
Some parts of North East/West are still cheap.
Babygal
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
if you're thinking of cheap wouldn't you consider, size of rooms, number of bedrooms etc???
LH
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
u serious???????? that cheap?
Try central Burnley - two bed terrace for under three grand. You won't have any neighbours, mind, and the council will probably knock your house down soon but you can buy a house for that little.
TheWolf
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
(Original post by Lord Huntroyde)
Some parts of North East/West are still cheap.
why buy property now when it is so high? :confused: stupid move...there is a cycle in the property market (many call it a 10 years cycle)...wait till it is at the bottom
LH
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
(Original post by TheWolf)
why buy property now when it is so high? :confused: stupid move...there is a cycle in the property market (many call it a 10 years cycle)...wait till it is at the bottom
Prices don't tend to drop though, they will just remain static.
AT82
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
Try central Burnley - two bed terrace for under three grand. You won't have any neighbours, mind, and the council will probably knock your house down soon but you can buy a house for that little.
Blimey thats cheap. This what Salford used to be like a few years ago, however those same prices are fetching £40k now. North Manchester is still quite cheap, £50k average its certainly a lot cheaper than South Manchester but there are much higher returns in South Manchester. You need money to invest though.
LH
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
(Original post by amazingtrade)
Blimey thats cheap. This what Salford used to be like a few years ago, however those same prices are fetching £40k now. North Manchester is still quite cheap, £50k average its certainly a lot cheaper than South Manchester but there are much higher returns in South Manchester. You need money to invest though.
There are huge areas of over 100 terraced houses with no inhabitents - it seems likely the council will knock them down and build nicer town houses with gardens etc. - that would be a good investment as if you look at the surrounding area of Burnley, property is very expensive so new housing will quickly increase in price.
TheWolf
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
Prices don't tend to drop though, they will just remain static.
you will never see house prices become static over 2 decades
LH
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
What I mean is prices won't drop, so you should invest now, before another sharp rise.
TheWolf
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
What I mean is prices won't drop, so you should invest now, before another sharp rise.
rubbish! ofcourse house prices drop! house prices is strongly linked with the country's economy. And the house prices is linked with with the economic cycle - and this cycle's history has shown that it is not static!
AT82
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
Well aparantly here there is a crash but prices are still rising £1000 a week, a 5 bed semi next to a bail hostel is on the market for £450k but I doubt they get it.

The reason for it is simply because of the universities, if they get jobs in Manchester they buy houses here and tend to have rich parents. It makes some of the more prosperous areas of Chehsire seem quite cheap.

The key is to pick a cheapish area with good local schools, good public transports, below average crime rates and good local facilties and the prices should only go up.

I'm totaly priced out the of market though, I don't really fancy living in central Burnley with all the druggies
maximusmak
Rep:
?
waste of time if u ask me and def a waste of money
maximusmak
Rep:
?
i was thinking about that, do u no any were wer i can get a house for 30k?
LH
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
rubbish! ofcourse house prices drop! house prices is strongly linked with the country's economy. And the house prices is linked with with the economic cycle - and this cycle's history has shown that it is not static!
OK, that was a rather silly thing to say, but I didn't mean it how it sounded.
AT82
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
i was thinking about that, do u no any were wer i can get a house for 30k?
Try Gainsbrough in north lincs. Its the cheapest town I know off. You can of course buy houses for that in East Manchester but I wouldn't recomend it.
maximusmak
Rep:
?
(Original post by amazingtrade)
Try Gainsbrough in north lincs. Its the cheapest town I know off. You can of course buy houses for that in East Manchester but I wouldn't recomend it.
thx for your advice pal, i really appreciate it and by the way did u study economics or sumin, cuz your kinda good at this stuff, or is it jus from experience.
maximusmak
Rep:
?
because if you find a good offer somewhere in a few yrs time house prices are bound to boom and there we go, u can get an extra 50k or dat for jus chillin.
X
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Do you work while at uni?

Yes I work at university (89)
33.71%
No I don't (124)
46.97%
I work during the holidays (51)
19.32%

Watched Threads