Angelo12231
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 7 years ago
I saw the grade boundaris are like 70/76 for an A* ... is the test really that easy or am i just dumb... how do you get these kind of marks?? surely your opinion cannot always get you full marks on each question for mark's gospel?

Any thoughtS?
jwf13
Badges: 6
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
When I did the paper it was 65/72, this was before the spelling and punctuation marks, so yes, 68-70/72 should be about right.

The paper's mark scheme is pretty generous, you don't need to know specific facts all of the time (obviously they help)- it's all about how you can write and so it's pretty easy to pick up marks. I know when I did the exam the stuff I knew was pretty general and I did alright.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Angelo12231
Rep:
?
(Original post by jwf13)
When I did the paper it was 65/72, this was before the spelling and punctuation marks, so yes, 68-70/72 should be about right.

The paper's mark scheme is pretty generous, you don't need to know specific facts all of the time (obviously they help)- it's all about how you can write and so it's pretty easy to pick up marks. I know when I did the exam the stuff I knew was pretty general and I did alright.

Posted from TSR Mobile
if i give 2 points for each side of the argument and develop slighly, will i get 6/6 on 6 mak questions?
asapsimeon
Badges: 5
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
(Original post by Angelo12231)
if i give 2 points for each side of the argument and develop slighly, will i get 6/6 on 6 mak questions?
that too could get you 6 marks, but the way I've been taught is to give one opinion for either argument (agree and disagree)and explain those points, and then give your own opinion (why you agree, or are in disagreement with the statement in the question). Hope that helped.
asapsimeon
Badges: 5
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
(Original post by Angelo12231)
I saw the grade boundaris are like 70/76 for an A* ... is the test really that easy or am i just dumb... how do you get these kind of marks?? surely your opinion cannot always get you full marks on each question for mark's gospel?

Any thoughtS?
isn't an a* 95%, so that means you can only afford to loose about 3 marks, so 73/76
Angelo12231
Rep:
?
(Original post by asapsimeon)
isn't an a* 95%, so that means you can only afford to loose about 3 marks, so 73/76
about 90/92%
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Do you think receiving Teacher Assessed Grades will impact your future?

I'm worried it will negatively impact me getting into university/college (43)
37.07%
I'm worried that I’m not academically prepared for the next stage in my educational journey (11)
9.48%
I'm worried it will impact my future career (5)
4.31%
I'm worried that my grades will be seen as ‘lesser’ because I didn’t take exams (29)
25%
I don’t think that receiving these grades will impact my future (18)
15.52%
I think that receiving these grades will affect me in another way (let us know in the discussion!) (10)
8.62%

Watched Threads