I really like a girl that can't date white guys (or any other race).

Watch
Anonymous #1
Report Thread starter 7 years ago
So cut a long story short, I really like a girl who for religious and culture reasons can't go out with anyone outside of her race. I want to be friends with her, but I'm feeling so **** right now and I'm not sure what to do..>?
Atsushi
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
(Original post by Anonymous)
So cut a long story short, I really like a girl who for religious and culture reasons can't go out with anyone outside of her race. I want to be friends with her, but I'm feeling so **** right now and I'm not sure what to do..>?
Don't. If you do beware of her parents.
Anonymous #1
(Original post by Atsushi)
Don't. If you do beware of her parents.
I know. I've accepted that nothing can happen. But it's the issue of being friends with someone you really like and knowing that it's all you'll ever be.
NothingToSeeHere
Badges: 6
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
If you were the girl and she was the male, there might have been a chance of something but since she's the girl, they are explicitly forbidden from marrying outside their religion. Only men are allowed to marry non Muslims.

So close...right?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Green Velvet
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
Honestly, move on. It's most probably not worth it and I'm speaking as someone who wouldn't date outside my religion. Don't waste your time especially if you're quite young or just have a crush, trust me there are plenty more girls out there.
SloaneRanger
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
convert yourself?
HumanCitizen
Badges: 7
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
Accept it and find someone who you can date. No need to create friction.
username1003420
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
Is the girl muslim?
Anonymous #1
To anyone wondering, she's Hindu.
Maryam26
Badges: 4
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
I love how some people on here have assumed she's Muslim
Green Velvet
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
(Original post by Maryam26)

(I did too at first for a few seconds and I'm a Muslim lol)
Rosie786
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
Haha the fact that people see the word 'religious' and automatically Muslim pops to mind. Why? She could be of any religion and as OP mentioned 'Hindu'
username1003420
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
(Original post by Maryam26)
(Original post by Green Velvet)
(Original post by Rosie786)
Haha the fact that people see the word 'religious' and automatically Muslim pops to mind. Why? She could be of any religion and as OP mentioned 'Hindu'
I'm a muslim too but even I assumed she's muslim, it's because most of the interfaith relationship questions on here tend to be about muslims.
shalla13
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
(Original post by tammie123)
I'm a muslim too but even I assumed she's muslim, it's because most of the interfaith relationship questions on here tend to be about muslims.
she could have been a jew
LFC_RV
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
I'm a Hindu girl and I've dated a white guy.
Obviously I had to be sneaky and stuff, my parents only found out after. But because I'm young, they didn't really say much.
More Hindus I know are being modernised, in the way that they can accept their children marrying people of other faiths. It all comes down to how open minded her parents are and whether you make a good enough impression on them.

Maybe try learning more about the Hindu culture so you'd be able to impress them? If it was serious they'd want you to know about their culture in depth.

Posted from TSR Mobile
TK2 King Pin
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
I'd have nothing to do with her for your own sake, staying friends will just loom over you like a hovering gremlin, constantly cackling and jabbing you with a very sharp stick inscribed with the word 'friendzone'.

The best idea is to steer clear, for your own self respect. But do it respectably, don't make a scene, just don't hang around with her.
m93100
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
As a Hindu girl, this is what 'my father's' view is in my religion we accept anyone without the need of them to convert. Bear in mind some Hindus have different views on this. I have 2 cousins and an aunt that got married to different religion/race people and they didn't have to convert or anything and neither did my cousins and aunt.

That being said, her parents will not be happy at first as it will be a shock for them. How old are you? Everyone has crushes OP, but for your sake only make a move if you are serious about it. Because the girl has to be a virgin and the girl can only have one guy - I know I sound very backward but I'm just saying how it really is. Though nowadays they do date around.

As for every parents from every race and religion, they only want the best for their child even though their cultural views might seem off. Her parents will expect you to have a good job.

I hope I have helped you, good luck OP
Maryam26
Badges: 4
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
(Original post by Green Velvet)

(Original post by tammie123)
I'm Muslim but I never assumed the girl he was talking about was Muslim. As it turns out, she is Hindu.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Do you think receiving Teacher Assessed Grades will impact your future?

I'm worried it will negatively impact me getting into university/college (139)
42.51%
I'm worried that I’m not academically prepared for the next stage in my educational journey (38)
11.62%
I'm worried it will impact my future career (27)
8.26%
I'm worried that my grades will be seen as ‘lesser’ because I didn’t take exams (70)
21.41%
I don’t think that receiving these grades will impact my future (34)
10.4%
I think that receiving these grades will affect me in another way (let us know in the discussion!) (19)
5.81%

Watched Threads