The Student Room Group

AQA A2 Unit 4 General Studies pre-released material

Hi everyone!
i was wondering what everyone thought about their pre-released material and what questions could come up :smile:

Scroll to see replies

Hi there,

While you're waiting for an answer, did you know we have 300,000 study resources that could answer your question in TSR's Learn together section?

We have everything from Teacher Marked Essays to Mindmaps and Quizzes to help you with your work. Take a look around.

If you're stuck on how to get started, try creating some resources. It's free to do and can help breakdown tough topics into manageable chunks. Get creating now.

Thanks!

Not sure what all of this is about? Head here to find out more.
Reply 2
I'm looking at the case study material right now. But I am unsure what I need to do (e.g. annotate) because it says that 'further study of the material' is not necessary.

Can anyone help me?

Thanks in advance :smile:
Reply 3
My teacher thinks it might be on solutions to the food shortages :smile:
Reply 4
Mine thinks GM crops, hoping the essays are answerable too :/

Posted from TSR Mobile
How have you been preparing for this exam? Need some tips! X
Reply 6
Just reading through the pre released and not much else
I don't need it for uni so I'm not really bothered!!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 7
My teacher thinks it will be on race equality and possibility of extra terrestrial life
Reply 8
Original post by DSFCXI
My teacher thinks it will be on race equality and possibility of extra terrestrial life

is the pre-release material available online anywhere!!! no printout at home!
Reply 9
hey i've lost the pre-release. Is it possible to get it online?
Reply 10
I don't think you can get it online sorry :frown:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by reebop
is the pre-release material available online anywhere!!! no printout at home!

Original post by user1-4
hey i've lost the pre-release. Is it possible to get it online?

http://www.geog.biz/wp-content/uploads/2014/04/AQA-GENA4-PM-Jun14.pdf
(edited 9 years ago)
Probably food shortages!
Reply 13

THANKS!
At least i'll be able to view it now, before i do the exam
grade boundaries are SO low - 42/70 for an A. ridiculously easy to get a good grade.
Reply 15
Original post by GrammarGirl
grade boundaries are SO low - 42/70 for an A. ridiculously easy to get a good grade.

was that last years grade boundaries?
What am I meant to do with this? Am I expected to learn these case studies or something?
Original post by GrammarGirl

What's the source for that? That seems obscenely low.
Those grade boundaries are right, for last years anyway, so either a really difficult question or just extremely low. Could also be that nobody cares about general studies so everyone did rubbish! What i'm going to do is just research about biofuels and what they are used for and also how GM crops are made, and the implications and positives about them. I would just find out some extra info so you can slip it into the essays and sound like you actually know what you're writing about rather than blagging the whole thing. I'm not gonna do a lot though, I am really not that bothered about general studies!

Edit: This seems like a good website, it talks about GM Corn and also food shortages. http://www.csa.com/discoveryguides/gmfood/overview.php
(edited 9 years ago)
Reply 19
I think the grade boundaries are low because people generally don't pay attention to it since it is not included in most uni offers and so they prioritize their other exams! Maybe the marking is quite harsh as well?

Quick Reply

Latest