ToLiveInADream
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 6 years ago
Hello! As we all should probably know, the first exam is on the 13th May which is in nine days

How has everybody been preparing? I've pretty much just been focusing on Unit 1 as it is definitely my weak spot, I've been practising 6 mark questions until I can hit all 6 marks etc. Also, I've been wanting to find out - will grade boundaries be low as this spec is new?

My teacher is giving us one 2 mark, one four mark and one six mark for the first four topics of unit 1 and then 2 marks, 4 marks & an 8 mark for the last two topics. I know it won't be this much though, so how many six and eight marks does everyone think will come up?

Structure: What everyone thinks they'll get in geog. How they've been revising etc.
JAIYEKO
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
Yeah pretty well. My teacher is still deciding whether I'm going to do higher...

It's pretty much common sense and geography extract contents from biology and chemistry..
JAIYEKO
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
Yeah and Dynamic Planet, high A*, PATP A*, MGD A*, and you?
ToLiveInADream
Rep:
?
(Original post by JAIYEKO)
Yeah pretty well. My teacher is still deciding whether I'm going to do higher...

It's pretty much common sense and geography extract contents from biology and chemistry..
Shouldn't they have submitted that by now? I'm pretty sure she should have sent it by now!
ToLiveInADream
Rep:
?
Yeah and Dynamic Planet, high A*, PATP A*, MGD A*, and you?
I'm aiming for an A* overall too, though my teacher's said my ca is around an A. Have you guys finished unit 3 already? We still haven't done theme 6 so we're leaving it until after the unit 1 exam...
JAIYEKO
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
(Original post by ToLiveInADream)
Shouldn't they have submitted that by now? I'm pretty sure she should have sent it by now!
I'm not sure but she said I should see her on Tuesday. So are you saying i can't change tiers anymore or.. :z
JAIYEKO
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
I'm aiming for an A* overall too, though my teacher's said my ca is around an A. Have you guys finished unit 3 already? We still haven't done theme 6 so we're leaving it until after the unit 1 exam...
Yeah we've finished out CA. Do you mean MGD paper or CA?
ToLiveInADream
Rep:
?
I'm not sure but she said I should see her on Tuesday. So are you saying i can't change tiers anymore or.. :z
I'm not sure about your school, it might be entirely different but I do know my school submitted ours around a month ago because we also got our timetables ages ago! Don't worry if she asked you to see her though, it still could probably be changed
ToLiveInADream
Rep:
?
Yeah we've finished out CA. Do you mean MGD paper or CA?
Yeah I'm talking about MDG, have you done all the themes and stuff?
JAIYEKO
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
I'm not sure about your school, it might be entirely different but I do know my school submitted ours around a month ago because we also got our timetables ages ago! Don't worry if she asked you to see her though, it still could probably be changed
Yeah it is because my french teacher said you can change tier on the day it you change your mind (not directed at me). And they're both the same exam board.

The dynamic planet exam is the easiest IMO. What's yours
JAIYEKO
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
Yeah I'm talking about MDG, have you done all the themes and stuff?
Yeah we have. It's on the 5th of June so I'll give it a little bit of time to revise for it.
ToLiveInADream
Rep:
?
Yeah it is because my french teacher said you can change tier on the day it you change your mind (not directed at me). And they're both the same exam board.

The dynamic planet exam is the easiest IMO. What's yours
That's so cool, I didn't know that. May come in handy

And definitely PATP, unit 2 naturally comes easy to me because I remember loads of numbers.
ToLiveInADream
Rep:
?
Yeah we have. It's on the 5th of June so I'll give it a little bit of time to revise for it.
We haven't even finished theme 6 :eek:

and we'll have to finish it after unit 1 and before unit 2:unimpressed:
JAIYEKO
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
We haven't even finished theme 6 :eek:

and we'll have to finish it after unit 1 and before unit 2:unimpressed:
What two topics aren't you doing on the DP exam? Me, it's Rivers and Oceans
ToLiveInADream
Rep:
?
What two topics aren't you doing on the DP exam? Me, it's Rivers and Oceans
Rivers & Extreme Environments
JAIYEKO
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
Rivers & Extreme Environments
Fancy asking each other questions as exam practice
ToLiveInADream
Rep:
?
Fancy asking each other questions as exam practice
Definitely. DM me when you have time. I'm doing a 'geography' revision day on Tuesday so I'll send you a ton then And then I'll mark them for you because I have mark schemes.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Should there be a new university admissions system that ditches predicted grades?

No, I think predicted grades should still be used to make offers (595)
33.96%
Yes, I like the idea of applying to uni after I received my grades (PQA) (729)
41.61%
Yes, I like the idea of receiving offers only after I receive my grades (PQO) (349)
19.92%
I think there is a better option than the ones suggested (let us know in the thread!) (79)
4.51%

Watched Threads