The Student Room Group

Additional Science GCSE

Hello. I studied this in school a few years back, got mostly A* and one B on all but one of the exams, which I did not sit. This was the only GCSE I did exams for, but when it came time to do the final exam I was unable to attend (Personal reasons stopped me from being able to sit any other exams and the final science exam) and had to leave the school to attend college.

I was just wondering if I would still have got the GCSE even though I didn't sit the final exam (I think it was chemistry) because of the grades I had on previous exams and mocks?. I'm unsure of what exam board it was, but we used Edexcel textbooks so I assume it was with them?.

I need to know this because in September I am starting a BTEC level 3 IT extended diploma with Welsh baccalaureate advanced diploma and my college allows me to retake certain GCSE's for free, I am going to Maths, English and History, but I can also retake Science (Non additional) so if I do already have it, I will have more free time to study and additional > Non additional.

In-case you're wondering why I am asking on here and not contacting them directly, my parents tried to contact them last year and they basically just fobbed them off, so I want to be certain that it's at least possible I do have it, before pursuing it further.

Thanks for you time.

Quick Reply

Latest