The Student Room Group

Use of perspectives outside of the specification (AQA SCLY4)

Does anyone know whether it is viable to use sociological perspectives that are not conventional within the specification?

For example, critical race theory has a lot to say about crime and ethnicity but I am unsure whether it is as creditable as Marxism or left realism for example.

Any help would be great, thanks.
Original post by Henbri
Does anyone know whether it is viable to use sociological perspectives that are not conventional within the specification?

For example, critical race theory has a lot to say about crime and ethnicity but I am unsure whether it is as creditable as Marxism or left realism for example.

Any help would be great, thanks.

When I was doing the families and households module last year, my teacher taught us about Radical Psychiatry, a degree level theory about how the family drives you crazy - she said that it was the A grade students that would use it.

So yeah, I'd say put it in, although don't base the bulk of your essay on it. More of an end paragraph, or use it to support what is actually on the specification :smile:
Reply 2
Original post by RyanStraker1995
When I was doing the families and households module last year, my teacher taught us about Radical Psychiatry, a degree level theory about how the family drives you crazy - she said that it was the A grade students that would use it.

So yeah, I'd say put it in, although don't base the bulk of your essay on it. More of an end paragraph, or use it to support what is actually on the specification :smile:

I remember my teacher mentioning that too actually! Thanks for the insight.
Original post by Henbri
I remember my teacher mentioning that too actually! Thanks for the insight.

No problem :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending