The Student Room Group
Students at Cornwall campus, University of Exeter
University of Exeter
Exeter

Best halls at Exeter

Hi,
I've just firmed Exeter for law but have no idea which halls to go for. I'm thinking self catered but not even sure about that!
Is there any advice as to closest halls to where my lectures will be and which are the best to go to?
Thanks
I am finishing my first year doing law at Exeter, trust me, pick Lafrowda ensuite! They are in my opinion (and most people tend to agree) the best halls. All of your lectures in the first year are in the forum (alumni auditorium).

Being in Lafrowda ensuite, you are close to the Lemmy (ideal for crawling back after a night where you might have gone a bit overboard at pre-drinks), close to lectures (I've done it in 4 minutes) and as close as you're gonna get to town (20 minutes). You also get 7 flatmates (which if you get on with them are 7 instant friends), freedom to make your own food whenever you like (hello pizza at 3am) and a nice brand new ensuite bedroom.

I would put St Germans'/Rowe House as your second/third choice. If you do choose to go for ensuite, I'd go Exeter Halls (Penny C, Ransom Pickard...). Birks is also nice, but you have a crazy hill to walk up all the time.

Hope that helps !
Students at Cornwall campus, University of Exeter
University of Exeter
Exeter
Reply 2
Original post by French_Cat
I am finishing my first year doing law at Exeter, trust me, pick Lafrowda ensuite! They are in my opinion (and most people tend to agree) the best halls. All of your lectures in the first year are in the forum (alumni auditorium).

Being in Lafrowda ensuite, you are close to the Lemmy (ideal for crawling back after a night where you might have gone a bit overboard at pre-drinks), close to lectures (I've done it in 4 minutes) and as close as you're gonna get to town (20 minutes). You also get 7 flatmates (which if you get on with them are 7 instant friends), freedom to make your own food whenever you like (hello pizza at 3am) and a nice brand new ensuite bedroom.

I would put St Germans'/Rowe House as your second/third choice. If you do choose to go for ensuite, I'd go Exeter Halls (Penny C, Ransom Pickard...). Birks is also nice, but you have a crazy hill to walk up all the time.

Hope that helps !

Thank you for the recommendations! :biggrin: I am going to do Law at Exeter University this upcoming september 2014. Is there any tips on studies or anything about the life at exeter? :smile: and How's your first year as a law student? Is it really hard? :frown:
Reply 3
Original post by French_Cat

Hope that helps !

Thank you so much :smile: that's really helpful.
yeah, lafrowda ensuite was excellent in the time I was there, and it's right next to the campus and the lemon grove (night club)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending