Offer holders for IDS Sussex Development Studies 2014-2015

Watch
gaurisaxena
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 7 years ago
I ve almost decided to take up my offer at Sussex IDS for Development Studies, anyone else here who is planning on coming to IDS too?
CrossingBorders
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
Hey!
That sounds great, I was torn between that and the course I have now decided on - Migration Studies. Anyway, I am very curious about it all. I forgot, will you take part in the events of the School for Global Studies?
cheikogin
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
(Original post by gaurisaxena)
I ve almost decided to take up my offer at Sussex IDS for Development Studies, anyone else here who is planning on coming to IDS too?
Hi Gauri!
I am going to IDS for the MA in Globalisation and Development this Sep..So have you finally accepted the offer?
gaurisaxena
Rep:
?
(Original post by CrossingBorders)
Hey!
That sounds great, I was torn between that and the course I have now decided on - Migration Studies. Anyway, I am very curious about it all. I forgot, will you take part in the events of the School for Global Studies?
Hey, good to know!
well, I dont know which activities I'll be a part of until I go there. Migration Studies is a part of IDS too?
gaurisaxena
Rep:
?
(Original post by cheikogin)
Hi Gauri!
I am going to IDS for the MA in Globalisation and Development this Sep..So have you finally accepted the offer?
Yep, accepted the offer! Its all quite exciting. Even though I ve made up my mind, I'd really like to know how and why you re choosing IDS over any other course or university?
cheikogin
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
That's good to know As for me, IDS was the only school I chose to apply to..I was initially keen on pursuing a MPA rather than a MA in DS as I felt the MPA would seem more practical for me (I've been working in the energy sector for almost three years)..but somehow I was keen on studying development challenges in greater depth and I really liked the research focus at IDS..plus given their diverse streams under development I'm looking forward to gain knowledge of varied issues even though I may be studying only a few..

It's also comforting that I haven't heard anyone speak negatively of IDS..
What made you choose IDS?
cheikogin
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
Hi,
If you're attending IDS, Sussex this year then please do join the facebook group 'IDSers 2014-15'.
See you there!
CrossingBorders
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
Heja,

No, Migration Studies isn't a part of IDS, it's a part of the School of Global Studies. However, afaik the courses sometimes overlap (and during the Spring semester we can choose one course from outside our department) and cooperation is common. So even if we won't be doing many courses together, we'll still have similar structures, and I bet loads of events that will interest all of us.
Paing
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
Hi Everyone,

I will be studying Poverty and Development at IDS.. can't wait to be there! Hope to see you all!! I applied to IDS, LSE, SOAS, Manchester (IDPM), Bristol and UEA. I was accepted to every school apart from LSE. IDS was my first priority right from the start. The research interest is impressive, the reputation (haven't heard anything negative about IDS yet) and the course perfectly fits me which will allow me to learn in depth about poverty. I have looked at the seminars on youtube from IDS guest lecturers and I wish I could join right away.. hahaha.. keep in touch, everybody!
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

What support do you need with your UCAS application?

I need help researching unis (25)
13.66%
I need help researching courses (12)
6.56%
I need help with filling out the application form (9)
4.92%
I need help with my personal statement (76)
41.53%
I need help with understanding how to make my application stand out (44)
24.04%
I need help with something else (let us know in the thread!) (3)
1.64%
I'm feeling confident about my application and don't need any help at the moment (14)
7.65%

Watched Threads