Why I am I motivated in the long run, but not in the 'short run'??? Watch

Anonymous #1
Report Thread starter 5 years ago
I'll give you an example:

I need to improve my fitness to prepare for my chosen career (RAF) and I am going to start my fitness in July. I am motivated now to do the fitness then (long run) but I am not motivated now to do the fitness now (short run).

Another example.

I am motivated to get good grades in my exams this month and the next (long run) however, I am not motivated/sub-consciously(?)not motivated to revise now (short run). I know the consequences of not revising (crap grades) but I seem to not know that at in the now in the 'short run'.

Please help, any techniques or how to deal with this and why this is happening is greatly appreciated.
Advertisement
keano2014
Badges: 6
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
It's nice to want, that bit is easy. But to do is often hard.

Sounds like you need to pull the finger out and get acquainted to hard work to achieve your goals instead of dreaming about it.

There's a myriad of study techniques available. And motivation techniques if you type "how to get motivated" into Google.
hslt
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
What you mean is your want to achieve something, but don't have the motivation to actually do it.

It sounds like you're version of being motivated in the 'long run', is wanting something but not actually working for it in anyway?
Advertisement
Anonymous #1
Report Thread starter 5 years ago
I agree with both of you, but I feel I do work hard. Its just doing stuff on my own- revision and fitness- is never achieved and I don't know why. It is as if I need someone to tell me to do everything, when I know that thats what I don't need for now as well as further education when I know that work, revision and fitness will be more down to me...
keano2014
Badges: 6
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
Then as said you need to pull your finger out and do the work.
Advertisement
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Have you ever signed up for an open day and then not gone to it?

Yes (90)
49.72%
No (91)
50.28%

Watched Threads