Best Msc in Finance in Non-Target Universities in UKWatch
I am a spanish student in the last year of a 4-year Bachelor of Sciences in Economics, and i would like to work in the Investment Banking Sector, specifically, in Corporate Finance/M&A.
I am considering to take a Master in Finance/Master in Accounting & Finance in a Non-target university in UK, as i would like to work in London when i finish the master.
What options do you thing are better among this Universities, to work in M&A in London?
- Aston Business School (Triple acreditation)
- Nottingham BS (Russell Group)
-King's College UoL (Msc Accounting, accountability & Financial Management) (Russell Group)
- Queen Mary UoL (Russell Group)
- University of Durham (Russell Group)
- Newcastle University (Russell Group)
- University of Glasgow, Adam Smith Business School (Russell Group)
- Sheffield Business School (Russell Group)&(Triple acreditation)
- Birmingham Business School(Russell Group)
- Loughborough School of Business and Economics
- Bradford Busines School (Triple acreditation)
- (**) I am also considering UCD Michael Smurfit GBS in Dublin, (Triple acreditation).
Please, give me the best 5 options, since i will apply to 5 universities, and then i will decide between those that accept me.
Thanks in advance.
Need more help on going postgrad?
I also had the same question like you and by asking around and reviewing the univeristies , that is what I think :
At first you need to decide upon the location of your master for example if you choose a uni in London , it is logical to assume that it would have better networking opportunities , due to the close proximity of the financial institutions in City. Of course the above doesn't come without a price , which is bigger tuition fees.
Afterwards you need to see what does each uni offer. For example CFA , CISI accredidation .
Finally , from the unis you mentioned above I think that Durham and Queen Mary are at the moment best for an Msc in Finance. ( there is also Cass but the prices are steep and I don't know whether it really worths the difference ) . I personally will study in Queen Mary for an Msc in Finance.
I hope that I did help you !