The Student Room Group

How can i get a girl? My face isn't that bad? Pics inside!

Im wondering wht you guys all think? In truth i think im a relatively nice and mature 16 year old.Ive been told i can be a bit boring but i have kind of grown out of that stage.I have a deep voice which is supposedly a voice of authority and pretty loud.I'm also called uncle or grandfather by alot of the people in my year,like a nickname.Apparently with glasses i look 40+.

Im frankly worried about college,more specifically whether I'll be able to get a girl to start a relationship with my "good boy aura' and face? Am i ugly?

I don't interact much with girls mainly because I get nervous around girls easily now because i havent really talked to any since i goto a boys school plus i dont go out often because my mum didnt let me go out since she didnt know my friends.Ever since then if my friends are going sonewhere i dont get invited...kinda hurts since ive missed alot of birthday parties(the one time im allowed i cant bcz of my tutor...)

(going BTG 6th form btw.If i get the grades ofc.
Edited:due to comments about paedophilla.Let me make this clear.I am 100% against the very notion of this.Please refrain from using that word in this thread.Thank You for your time.

Soz for long post.
(edited 9 years ago)

Scroll to see replies

Original post by scrawlx101
Im wondering wht you guys all think? In truth i think im a relatively nice and mature 16 year old.Ive been told i can be a bit boring but i have kind of grown out of that stage.I have a deep voice which is supposedly a voice of authority and pretty loud.I'm also called uncle or grandfather by alot of the people in my year,like a nickname.Apparently with glasses i look 40+.

Im frankly worried about college,more specifically whether I'll be able to get a girl to start a relationship with my "good boy aura' and face? Am i ugly?

I don't interact much with girls mainly because the girls where i live are like 11 ,theres 3 girls who i think are 14-16.I get nervous around girls easily now because i havent really talked to any since i goto a boys school plus i dont go out often because my mum didnt let me go out since she didnt know my friends.Ever since then if my friends are going sonewhere i dont get invited...kinda hurts since ive missed alot of birthday parties(the one time im allowed i cant bcz of my tutor...)

I personally have a small crush on a girl in my church shes either 13-16.Im unsure,ive never talked to her before i see her after church when im going shoping with my mum,slightly embarassing but she goes home with her little brothers and mum too,i sometimes see here with them going to a shop.Thoughts?

Soz for long post.

Strong possibility that you could be deemed a paedophile if you pursue those girls without knowing for certain that they are 16. You look very mature for your age, so perhaps try talking to older girls:dontknow:
Original post by King Leonidas
Strong possibility that you could be deemed a paedophile if you pursue those girls without knowing for certain that they are 16. You look very mature for your age, so perhaps try talking to older girls:dontknow:

This really, be careful OP. Maybe start talking to the girl at your church, find out how old she is. But yeah, I'd say you look around 20 or so tbh. You're not ugly, and at college you may have more opportunities to meet girls :smile:
Well you've got the thickest eyebrows I've ever seen :eek:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by NothingToSeeHere

Posted from TSR Mobile

Is that really a big problem?
Hi OP, to me you look older 16 but thats not a bad thing, but overall you look like a nice guy :smile:. Try talking to the girl at church aswell, just be friendly, I'm sure she won't mind talking.

Once you get to sixth form/ uni there will be plently of opportunity to meet girls who have similar interests who you can get to know! Just remember they may well be as nervous as you so don't worry and be yourself.
Original post by King Leonidas
Is that really a big problem?

Never said it was. It was simply an observation :erm:

Posted from TSR Mobile
You sound like a sweet guy ^_^. You just need to build up your self-esteem and confidence and interact with girls a lot more. Be yourself, but also try to be lively because being "boring" will turn off a lot of people.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 8
Think its best i stay away from the girl at my church anyway shes probably taken...im not a pedo and i do not wish to come accross as one.
If you're confident you can pull allllllllllllll the girls

I don't interact much with girls mainly because the girls where i live are like 11 ,theres 3 girls who i think are 14-16.I get nervous around girls easily now because i havent really talked to any since i goto a boys school plus i dont go out often because my mum didnt let me go out since she didnt know my friends.Ever since then if my friends are going sonewhere i dont get invited...kinda hurts since ive missed alot of birthday parties(the one time im allowed i cant bcz of my tutor...)

I personally have a small crush on a girl in my church shes either 13-16.Im unsure,ive never talked to her before i see her after church when im going shoping with my mum,slightly embarassing but she goes home with her little brothers and mum too,i sometimes see here with them going to a shop.Thoughts?

Soz for long post.

your face isn't bad at all, you're quite good looking :smile: I would say you looked 20, think that's a good thing though. A good boy aura is really good, that is exactly what will get you am aura so don't change that! :smile: good luck!
you're black, seriously you can get any girl you want

Soz for long post.

I know its the last thing your going to want to hear right now but honestly forget about girls.

A levels are one of the most defining moments of your success , they will make or brake your future , why let some brief relationship with a girl ruin it ?

Focus on your studies and work out , after the two years you will be in good shape with a bright future ahead of you , which is what matters most.

After lets say 25 , its all about your job and your £ which dictate how nice of a girl you can get .

At university you will have plenty of opportunity to get with girls , and they are all DTF its like taking candy from a baby. - BUT you have to get there first , so put your head down for 2 more years and focus on work work work .If a girl happens to like you and makes it clear , sure you can get with her but don't put your efforts into finding a girl , its only going to distract you.
(edited 9 years ago)
I promise you im 16.This year in september ill be 17.Honestly this disbelief about my age is worrying..i dont wana be a butt monkey...
Original post by fluctuationsman
you're black, seriously you can get any girl you want

Asian im guessing ?
OP, you look like a badman. No "good boy aura" there. You look like one badass mother****er.
Reply 16
Never said it was. It was simply an observation :erm:

Posted from TSR Mobile

No, you were implying it was a bad thing.

You said:

Posted from TSR Mobile

The OP says "My face isn't that bad?" - which is asking a question. You then said "Well you've got...." which is a clear response indicating something negative.

If you were merely stating an observation, you would have said something like "Wow, you've got" or simply "My my, you've got large eyebrows".

You just made out that you were stating an observation because somebody questioned you on why you thought it was a bad thing and you realised you were being judgemental - a trait you wanted to distance yourself from, because it's a negative attribute.
(edited 9 years ago)
Reply 17
Are you sure your 16 m8.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Jaegon Targaryen
I know its the last thing your going to want to hear right now but honestly forget about girls.

A levels are one of the most defining moments of your success , they will make or brake your future , why let some brief relationship with a girl ruin it ?

Focus on your studies and work out , after the two years you will be in good shape with a bright future ahead of you , which is what matters most.

After lets say 25 , its all about your job and your £ which dictate how nice of a girl you can get .

At university you will have plenty of opportunity to get with girls , and they are all DTF its like taking candy from a baby. - BUT you have to get there first , so put your head down for 2 more years and focus on work work work .If a girl happens to like you and makes it clear , sure you can get with her but don't put your efforts into finding a girl , its only going to distract you.

Im doing gcses in a week.i have yr11 graduation this week thursday.Ive got my brain and eyes on the best possiblke prize (11GCSE's all A* to B)
Wow...never know i got hit with puberty so fast that i look 4 years older...i was born in 1997.im going to be 17 this year

Quick Reply

Latest